Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ILoveMyEg3
#222451 hi everyone
im new to the whole car thing and want to know as much as possible
found your site after days of search and i love it
everything is so helpful

anyway iv got a 95 hatchback and when i bought her she had a crack in the back bumper which left me to believe thats where the water was getting in

so i want to know what would i have to do to change the bumper cause i live in ireland which unfortunitly rains alot and everytime i go out in the morning the boot where the spare tyre is kept is flooded and i have to get the mop and bucket out to get all the water out iv tried blocking all the edges of the inside of the boot with towels lol sounds stupid but it works for little rain showers any way im starting to get annoyed with it and was wondering if anyone had the same problem and what you did

actually any help would be great
oh and i forgot to say hi to everyone cause im new and love my civic apart from the water lmao
any help ????? thank you
By Datsmart
#222459 Leaking around the tail lights is a common problem.
You can install new gasket seals or just clean up the old ones and re-install using gasket sealer of some kind. That has worked for me.
By tikay
#223936 I was different. Car after the accident was. And the rear window had a small gap.
By EG {FIVE-500}
#225258 i put a small hole bang in the center of the spare tyre well that way the water comes in then it drains theres a thread called wet back seats just down from this post and there is lots of usefull info in there
By ILoveMyEg3
#232135 :thumb:
Last edited by ILoveMyEg3 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ILoveMyEg3
#232136 Thanks Guys :thumb:
I Put A Sealer Around The Back Hatch Lights But Its Didnt Work...
I Checked For A Gap And Although The Rubber Around The Window Was So Loose I Could Pull It Off ....Which I Did Do And I Replaced It So No Loose Rubber Either .....But Unfortunately That Didnt Stop The Water Getting In Either....
So I Guess I Might Aswell Go Drill A Hole Which Is Also A Good Idea Thanks Guys :thumb:
Any More Ideas Im All Ears :)