Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg4life
#221457 i was wondering on how to re do my headliner and what would be the best way. spray paint or rap it ? if i spray paint what would be a good paint to use that wont crack and just flake and peel off ? and if i rap it what would be a good material to use and what would be a good spray on glue that would last long with out fabric saging ? thanks alot
By Clarkypoo
#221463 Well you can do either. They make special upholstery paint that you can but at Napa. I suggest raping it though. You can get some spray glue from Napa and go down to the fabric store and pick out what ever you want.
By gtstripes
#221493 how do you take off the head liner? do you have to take off the pillar covers? iv been tryn to take them off with no luck lol
By Ajax1989
#221500 take off the visors and the lil clips the visors clip into and take off the dome light and pop off the piller covers and then unscrew the 'oh shit handles' and it should come right out

and autozone sells dupla color vinal paint that works good
or you can wrap in some kinda material what ever you feel is good to you

but if you wanna paint it make sure you prep it or it will not last long :thumb:
By speedracer1094
#222100 hey willywodka what kind of shifter is that? Looks longer than the stock one.
By Willy Wodka
speedracer1094 wrote:hey willywodka what kind of shifter is that? Looks longer than the stock one.

It's a OEM shifter with mugenstyle knob butt, it looks longer because i take the shift boot down :lol:
By gtstripes
Willy Wodka wrote:
gtstripes wrote:looks nice!! how do you take off the pillar covers??

With a flat screwdriver, on the top and then you can pull it apart

oh ok thanx! do i need to take the headliner off first?
By eg4life
#222199 ok thanks alot everyone i think im ggoin to wrap it ill post pics to show how it comes out thanks alot
By Willy Wodka
gtstripes wrote:
Willy Wodka wrote:
gtstripes wrote:looks nice!! how do you take off the pillar covers??

With a flat screwdriver, on the top and then you can pull it apart

oh ok thanx! do i need to take the headliner off first?

No i didn't take it out because the 2 little screws i cant get out.
just tape you whole car and spray it