Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Adrian91
#219181 Start issue. Bought a new battery, and had system tested at advance auto parts. everythings fine as to draw, starter, alternator, battery. so thats all good. sometimes my hatch wont start after sitting. Ive gotta hit the clutch and turn the key sometimes like 30 times before it goes. sometimes i wait like 10 mins, try a few times and it goes. Any ideas?
By Gustavo
#219191 Main relay?
By That One Dude
#219193 How old is the starter?
By ron_kimi
#219199 Do you have a alarm or anti teft device? sometimes the cut off relay is faulty...
By Adrian91
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Bad ground??? From the transmission to the chassis maybe

This is exactly what it was. I read up on some stuff in the forum using the search (gotta love it). And came across some stuff that i havent tried. I check this ground, and it was just barely making contact, so i tried to tighten it and bolt snapped. so i put it in a different spot, sanded it down, new bolt, and starts right up. Thanks for the help guys
By tikay
#223938 Strange. The symptom is similar to the starter. A more precise suction relay.
By Clarkypoo
#223940 Anyone got a pic of where that ground is? I think I have the same problem.
By teal_dx
Clarkypoo wrote:Anyone got a pic of where that ground is? I think I have the same problem.
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab24 ... 806/16.gif
that would be if you were looking at the transmission in the bay from standing on the passenger side.