Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By NachtRitter
#216452 Hey Folks...

Previous gen hatches had rear quarter windows that popped open at the rear edge ... similar to some aftermarket sun roofs. Is there anything like an aftermarket kit or how to instructions to convert the rear quarter windows to open like that on the EG series hatches?

I searched through the forum here, but found nothing... not even sure I'm using the right search terms...
By Aldo91
#216460 amazing idea :thumb: i will try to think of something to rig up but please if you find something do share :D
By NachtRitter
#216466 I've looked and asked and searched and ... :? Nothing.

Dunno if nobody's thought of it before or if it's simply not do-able. I've looked at the windows but not sure what it would take to do it.
By Classiccarsrule85
NachtRitter wrote:I've looked and asked and searched and ... :? Nothing.

Dunno if nobody's thought of it before or if it's simply not do-able. I've looked at the windows but not sure what it would take to do it.

Well ive been to other forums its a semi discussed topic but to be completely honest itd take some work and im sure itd be tough to find a gasket for the rear window.....and hindages etc theres alot of work involved but if someone can find a way to do it itd be a nice option
By Ajax1989
#216475 honda should have done this from day 1 back in 1991 when the egs were released lol
By NachtRitter
94_jdm_ferio wrote:honda should have done this from day 1 back in 1991 when the egs were released lol

+1
By OleFolk
94_jdm_ferio wrote:honda should have done this from day 1 back in 1991 when the egs were released lol

They really should have. Along with the rear hatch handle.

I would love to see this accomplished.
Last edited by OleFolk on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#216534 I made a thread like this about coupe windows a while back. if i remeber right, it was deemed a cool idea but one that nobody(including me) dares to attempt to make it reality :lol:
By MG6
#216557 I remember that was pretty cool function on my 86 Accord hatch. So you might want to look into that hinge if you can find a old hatch accord on the junk.
By cjw_89
#216615 Best thing to do is have a junker hatch/coupe even teo wether its and ef/eg/ek etc... remove the window and start from there.But my biggest question would be how to get a hole in the glass? can it be drilled?? Won't it shatter.I would mock a replica out of plexi,install it then tint in from the outside to hide the plexi look.... Dammm i wanna do this so bad.. Hope i raised some eyebrows/spirits at least :thumb:

Thats just my $.002
By MG6
#216628 drilling a hole shouldn't be a problem if you want to pay for a window company to drill it for you. just make sure if they break it, they will have to order a new one for you.
By OleFolk
#216631 Yeah a diamond tip with water shouldnt crack it
It would be more realistic with a flexalite window but woud HAVE to get it right

Also im pretty sure flexalite provides a sliding rear window. street illegal but i dont care.
By ron_kimi
#216728 This is a nice idea :thumb:
By DLC
#216938 Sorry guys, but you can't drill (or cut) tempered glass. Any cutting or drilling of the glass will cause it to explode. I worked in a glass factory for 12 years and drilled thousands of pieces of glass. If the glass requires a hole, the hole must be drilled before the glass is tempered. You may be confusing safety glass (the type used in windshields with plastic sheet sandwiched between two untempered pieces of glass) with tempered glass.