Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CraigMW
#213504 I am pretty clueless and new when it comes to this stuff and I have only had this car for about a month and am having a problem now... the car is a 94 eg hatchback with a F22B1... the problem... it will not rev over 3500 RPMS and when it reaches 3500 it just skips. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.
By Eg6H2D
#213505 What do you mean by Skips?? @3500.. do you have any check engine lights on at the moment. Check your ecu.. Is the f22b1 a vtec motor? is the EG Vtec ready?

More info please.. then you'll get a better answer..
By CraigMW
#213506 when it hits 3500 it just jumps back and froth to 3000 and 3500. almost like when it hits the rev limiter... thats the best i can explain it. sorry. and yes it has vtec and from what i was told it was all tuned right with chromed ECU and all. Yes the CEL is on now all the time. i am not sure how to check the ECU and wouldnt know what to look for.
By Classiccarsrule85
#213507 sounds to me like its in limp mode or get the car home safetly mode it may very well be the ecu but could also be due to a code check what code it is by following the directions on this link...

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558
By CraigMW
#213508 ok. awesome. thanks bro. now my next question is... how do i determine what type of ECU i have? :?
By jayEGR
#213512 usually the ecu has a bar code on the side telling you what ecu :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#213517 yea eitehr look at the side there is a white sticker or if thats gone(sometimes people take it off where the pins are you should be able to see a white sticker on the top there with the same code heres what it should look like

By CraigMW
#213521 ok im going to check all this out tomorrow when i can see and let yall know. thanks alot for all the info!
By CraigMW
#213709 ok i got 3 diff codes... Oxygen sensor #1, Water temp sensor, and Fuel Injectors... im guessin the injectors is whats causin it to run like shit?
By Torch_Ind
CraigMW wrote:ok i got 3 diff codes... Oxygen sensor #1, Water temp sensor, and Fuel Injectors... im guessin the injectors is whats causin it to run like shit?

check over the circuits the codes represent could also be wiring going to or bad temp sensor car may think it's to cold or hot

also oxygen sensor can cause it to run weird if it thinks it's rich or lean

and injectors could also be a prob.

considering you have 3 different codes in that don't really relate you may want to check for grounds or a connector those 3 circuits may go throw.

considering it's a swapped in engine and by the sounds of it you didn't do it. you may have had wires rub throw somewhere!!

good luck.

if it was me I would figure out the circuits and were it runs to get from the ecm to the 3 circuits
By CraigMW
#213756 so basically just check the wiring for everything right? and make sure no bare wire is showing? thanks alot for the info man. just making sure i understand correctly. like i said before i am really new to all this but want to learn.
By CraigMW
#213763 just wanted to thank everyone for all your help and patience. I checked out the wiring on the back of all injectors and evidently one was loose. i just pushed them all in. the car started right up and revved all the way to 4000 RPMS! I just stoped there so i wouldnt hear complaints from the neighbors. lol!
By Eg6H2D
CraigMW wrote:just wanted to thank everyone for all your help and patience. I checked out the wiring on the back of all injectors and evidently one was loose. i just pushed them all in. the car started right up and revved all the way to 4000 RPMS! I just stoped there so i wouldnt hear complaints from the neighbors. lol!

:woot: :thumb: :woot:
By Torch_Ind
#214231 still good buddy?
By CraigMW
#214356 Yes sir. It is running really good and strong now. Thank u.