Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kross
#224665 well that is disappointing, i guess ill just keep looking haha, hard to work on my car when i got school and wrestling :(
By kross
#224694 i was going to buy from fixmyrust.com but i was going to search over the winter for some locally and cheaper. and yes i did get everything back apart, im guessing im going to have to do a little bit of tweaking when i put the bumper on but i will make it work lol
By 95pandaCX
#224951 awsome way of taking things into your own hands :thumb: , i got a question though, ill be moving to alaska real soon and was wondering if its going to be difficult to find parts for my hatch up there? and how do hatches fair in alaska's snow?
By kross
#225074 awesome lol what part? it sorta depends on where you are. i mean like in anchorage it doesnt get as cold and not as much snow, like maybe -20 below and maybe 8in of snow. where as where i live it gets to -70 below and about 15in or so. but as for parts, its not bad. in the large cities theres a few shops but mostly its online shopping haha, and shipping sucks balls up here it can get really spendy. and cars dont really like this weather so you always get a lil less milage then usuall, but you jsut get studded tires and no crazy driving or else you will be sliding everywhere haha. except when its really cole like -50 or so then its so cold theres no humidity so your tires kinda "stick" to the road. haha but once you get used to it you will be able to drive anywhere in the winter lol. hopefully you will like it
By kross
#226256 im fairly certain but just to make sure, a 94 coupe has the same front end as a hatch? i may have just found a donor car within 100 miles! haha.
By kross
#246065 so i dug out my civic to get her ready for spring, and I'm not even kidding

i had to DIG her out...

and i found out new fenders from fixmyrust.com would cost $200 to ship to Alaska sooooooo yea that's outta the question, but i decided to just bang everything else into shape good enough to drive until i find a junker to get them off of, which I'm also going to look for a front clip to replace mine, as that is what Ive been doing this last week is trying to bend all the little things so the headlights and old fenders fit somewhat good.
just thought id give you guys a lil update. anyone got any fenders they would like to donate? :)
By ghskid06
#246127 That is some intense snow. I dont know how you can do it. I bought my last car (ex sedan) with a bent frame as well. Did similar method only i wasnt willing to put as much weight on the come-along as you, so i jerked the car around with a truck. It turned out ok but the car was totalled in the rear before i was able to get it completely finished.

Heres an early pic. Eventually we had an s10 and a mini van strapped to the other side to keep the car from sliding as much. Then We attached it to a tree to fine tune it.

Anyway. if you get a good donor car good for you. However i think your car will be totally drivable, once you get all that snow out of the engine bay that is!
By kross
#246290 well im glad to hear someone has had good luck doing this, i just am having trouble fine tuning the radiator support to get the headlights to fit right. ill take a picture so you guys can tell me what doesnt look quite right. but if anyone has a good picture of the radiator support so i can eyeball some things.
ps. i did finnaly get all that snow out of there, up here everythings finnaly melting and getting warmer (even though it still drops to below 0 at night) but im absolutly sure it will drive fine, i drove it 5 miles home after it was crashed.