Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By pc.ciprian
#210854 Hy guys i am a prowd owner of a `94 hatch d13b2.Got it from germany, and first of all i wanned to change the consumables. I have changed the spark plugs(with same as writen on motor), oil (motul synergie 6100 10w40) , gas and oil filter.All good until now. OK, so I was in holiday and my car stayed without any start for about 2 weeks. When i camed back, car started without any problem, after the engine is warm and socle is out when i accelerate, at about 1500rpm the throttle gets a small pause and than starts going up again. When driving this makes my car go slow/stop, let`s say like engine breaking. I am not verry good with mechanical english terms so if i did any mistakes sorry . I tryed putting the old spark plugs back, still same problem. cleaned the contacts on this thing(don`t know the english term sorry). My friend that`s a mechanic and also a eg owner told me that this is the best place to ask . So anyone got this kind of problem? Any ideea would be great.Have to mention that the spark plugs were the first ones that got changed, the filters and oil changed last week when i camed back from trip. Car worked from june until now flowless without any problem. I hate having my car not working right. If the explanation is not good i will try making a small clip when accelerating in car so you guys will get the poiint

Thank you
Regards
Ciprian
By teal_dx
#210937 moving this to Engine-General :thumb:

Are the plugs properly gapped?

Something else to check is the condition of your cap & rotor (the thing you linked to). Try replacing these parts instead of cleaning them. :thumb:
By pc.ciprian
teal_dx wrote:moving this to Engine-General :thumb:

Thanks, and sorry for posting wrong

teal_dx wrote:Are the plugs properly gapped?
Something else to check is the condition of your cap & rotor (the thing you linked to). Try replacing these parts instead of cleaning them. :thumb:

Yes i think they are propperly gapped, also i will try to change them, problem is eg parts kind`a hard to find here. I will ask a friend with same motor to make a swap these days to see if that`s the problem
By Bielawa1
#211110 My civic of same year has a similar dead spot when pulling away and accelerating, suddenly it engages the power and revs build as usual.

I was told its probably old worn clutch plates that are taking a bit longer to engage the power .