Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Beatdowncivic
#204848 dont forget to check and make sure that its actually the alarm and not just the map sensor or the main relay.. i called honda here and they said it would be 80 bucks for the part and 30 to install a new main relay and they want like 460 for a new map sensor... so i would go junk yard hunting.. worse case scenario you end up spending an afternoon and maybe 40 bucks on parts that you dont need.. but look on the bright side.. if you get another map sensor and it isnt the problem.. you can always sell me the map sensor.. :D
By suspendedHatch
#204901 So if it's a factory alarm then it will have an interconnect harness. All you will have to do is go to your under-dash fuse box where the ignition harnesses plug in. Unplug the alarm harness and plug the ignition harness into the fuse box directly.

It's easy to pull an OEM alarm and swap it. Since it's a dealer option, it's all just plug and play. Just trace the wire harnesses down starting with that siren.

After replacing the battery on the remote, you will need to have the remote reprogrammed to the alarm. This is very easy on an aftermarket alarm but on the OEM, IDK. You'll have to search google or HT. It's probably the same as the more common Acura alarm.
By kamikaza
It's easy to pull an OEM alarm and swap it. Since it's a dealer option, it's all just plug and play. Just trace the wire harnesses down starting with that siren.

thx man, that's logical point of view, i will do that way.
By Bielawa1
#205150 Just out of curiousity and doubt i checked my glove box and there was a garage sticker that had been placed in the middle of it and behind it is the fuel kill same as yours. Only took 18 mths to find it.

The remote with new battery not arming the alarm sounds right to me , i have always been under the impression they need re-coding , mine needs replacing soon i think so about to cross that bridge too.

Think i knew someone with a late 90's Civic who paid around £20 at Honda for a re-coding .
By deschlong
#206701 I have the wiring diagrams for the USDM/CDM 92-95 Civic OEM Security System -- I'll gladly post them up, because I'm quite sure these will help you. But, first I want a bigger, better, high quality and in-focus photo of this image!

Here is a sample of the diagrams:
Image Image
By Bielawa1
#209521 Did you get everything sorted with the alarm and swap it? Spoke to Honda and apparently for this system can change the fob battery without it needing re-coding.
By kamikaza
#209672 i didn't touch car, a was on vacation, but i did discovered something interesting. i'll post pictures tommorow. it is plug in alarm system.

@deschlong i'll take better pics of that sticker on glass, and i hope u'll post bigger pics of that diagram, it would help me a lot
By deschlong
#209674 ^^ I await your photo!!!! :) :) This is a great thread, by the way ... glad to see you two are figuring out getting these old OEM features working again. :thumb:
By kamikaza
#220449 :cry: :cry: :cry: :? i'm in hospital over 2 monhts....i hope i'll get out soon and get that photo....btw, i'm so jdm colored YELLOW!!!! DAMN HEPATITIS A!
By Apexracing
kamikaza wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :? i'm in hospital over 2 monhts....i hope i'll get out soon and get that photo....btw, i'm so jdm colored YELLOW!!!! DAMN HEPATITIS A!

ouch! i hope you get better soon.
By kamikaza
#220499 thx for nice wishes man
i hope so too :D another rmonth and i'll be just like new
By Bielawa1
#222372 Hope you feel better soon , be interesting to see if you tried out that fuel cut switch, i haven't tried it yet but am going to soon . Seems weird its not a hidden switch but in view needing a key not come across that before.

I took a pic of my logo to try out the post a pic thing for first time. Maybe that guy will give you the wiring diagrams which i had forgotten about haha.

Image[/img]
By kamikaza
#222399 lol, that is that pic :D i'm better, i'm gettin' out of hospital tommorow...i hope that i'll get that wiring diagram :D

deschlong? :)
By deschlong
#237028 OH MY, I did not see all your responses to this thread!! :( You should have PM'd me. :)

OK, here is what I found. There's a good chance that this will not be identical to the UK version, but it might help.

For 1994: