Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By marvinp8700
#101989 nice vid
By Greasedmonkey
#102078 I wants a camera that can do that...
By CivicTypeR
#102083 I so want an S2000. Who the hell Auto X's a Volvo?
By hondajunkee
CivicTypeR wrote: Who the hell Auto X's a Volvo?

bunch of people, I see them in Grassroots Motorsports every now and then.

Video's sick, but was figuring it was going to be something from Slow Motion the shop when I first saw the title lol
By Gorveatt
#102100 that was fucking awesome :thumb: but i want more, it was more of a teaser then anything
By Classiccarsrule85
CivicTypeR wrote:I so want an S2000. Who the hell Auto X's a Volvo?

research the volvette, or look at the turbobricks forum and youll see volvos id race one if i had the money for the suspension they are powerhouses with their turbos ive owned a few. and now with aftermarket companies like IPD helping out and people doing motor swaps like no one would of thought in these volvos a 242 gt is like sex to me....

And on a side note im sure back when people where asking why the hell do people race hondas lol

But yea that video was a freaking tease now im rethinking like i always do of going and trying to get funds for auto x and fishing lol always loved the 3 wheel shots vw's of teh 80s seem to do that alot for some reason......anyhow great find!
By CivicSiRacer

The same can be said for Civics. Why the hell would you autocross a 1.6L 4 banger?

I made the same mistake when I 1st started autocrossing back in 1998. My Civic was all done with suspension, sway bars, huge wheels and tires, intake and exhaust, blah blah blah. Showed up to my 1st event and saw a Subaru station wagon and thought I could beat that stock wagon. Boy was I wrong.

The owner happened to be Richard West a well know autocrosser in the Northeast. He spanked me by over 10 seconds! TEN Seconds is an eternity! Yeah I was humbled that weekend.

One thing about autocross is it is a very humbling sport. Every one from the outside sees us running around cones thinking "THat's easy! I can do that" Til they jump behind the wheel of their own car and go SUPER SLOW! Everything comes at you 2x as fast from the driver's seat.

I used to run a 91 Civic Si in STS with about 110hp. Attended a Porsche Club autocross with that thing on street tires and missed 1st place by 0.1 seconds against a Porsche Carrera 4 with 450-500 hp. Everyone thought my car was turboed, supercharged or on R tires. I laughed when I told them it had a peak HP of 110! LOL.

So never judge a book by it's cover :)
By Sentry
#125463 Volvos are the shit.

Also 5 cyls sound awesome.
By fabio16v
#129966 nice vid...and nice yellow S2K... :hehe:
By chrono404
Greasedmonkey wrote:I wants a camera that can do that...

x2

Thats an awesome vid, thanks for sharing. I want more though.
By eg84dr
#154434 yeah this is sweet!! the volks on three wheels is rad
By BurqueB16
#154456 ha i watched the vid with some old school hiphop playing instead.

it was 8) :thumb:
By AutoXCivic

At least one guy here in Eugene does. And it is bad ass. It's the only car I've ever seen come out of a turn ... hook up and get going ... and then loose traction (while still going in a straight line).

20lbs of boost on a completely stock block, that volvo is a beast.