Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By MidnightSon117
#65839 I'm wondering what everyone runs as we all more or less have the same cars. Never really got a chance to ask this on other boards with a broader scope, like Honda tech. I'm lookin for suspension set-ups.

Me personally, I use the stock wheels, with wider tires (195x60), the tires are Yokohama YK420's, and I had them siped. One upper strut tower bar in the front, and Ground Controls mated to some KYB AGX's. I ran the tires at 40psi cold, while the AGX's I had at 4 (firmest) in the front and 2 in the rear. I lowered the car around 1 1/2".

The set-up I had was pretty predictable, and handled pretty well through the technical parts. No problems understeering, and I was able to rotate the car pretty well under throttle.

Thanks!
By Greasedmonkey
#65858 Ive never run HPDE event BUt I have had a set close to yours. Ground Controls with AGX's I had the shocks all set to full stiff, and my spring rates were 450/350. It was a nice set up that rotated well. Perfect for the tight autox courses I ran. I have now switch over to Ksport coilovers. I like them much better.
By MidnightSon117
#66042 I had softer springs than yours, but I was thinking of going heavier next time. How was everyday driveability?

I've been out of the import scene for a while because of my other car, do you have a link to those coilovers? I've had this set-up for 7 years now, and I'm ready to try something new.
By Greasedmonkey
#66133 www.JLBmotorsports.com is whre I got my Ksports. But you can try looking at them at www.ksportusa.com i think. Somthing like that. I have a 12k/9k spring rate set up on the Ksports right now. As for the Ground controls, they were nice for the daily driving. I didnt mind at all. 450/350 rough converts to 8k/6k is you want to know about how my last rates compare to my current ones.
By snowboardgeek1
#79065 I've done one track event with Redline time attack. My suspension setup for that event included. Tein Flex coilovers, Front stock Si sway bar, rear ITR sway, Rear ASR brace, stock ITR wheels with Falken Azenis, front and rear upper strut bars, full corner-weight and balance. The car was able to keep up with pretty much anything at the track. I plan on doing a few more events next year.