Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By Classiccarsrule85
#59571 Well sunday 6/22 I raced my first SCCA auto cross and let me just tell you it was fun. exspecially when i dropped 4s off my time in the first two runs. and also almost had a crazy spin out since I pushed it a little to hard and probaly should have lowered my tire pressure due to the heat after two other hard runs....or the other way around not sure totally which way it goes either way i was a little unprepared and in a nervous time also backed over my chips lol had alot of butterflies that day....but here are the times I ran and i hopfully will have some pictures up(my friend took'em and he wasnt to great and was only there for half the time.

Run Time(s)
1 51.441
2 47.81
3 45.96

4 43.18
5 42.72
6(I almost spun out in this one but recovered and saved it with a good overall time of 43.88s

It was a small event not to many people came but the ones who did had definately much newer cars than me and one guy came with a full track M3 with competition big brakes....but yea I now know what to bring and what not to bring definately was totally unprepared gotta set things up a day ahead so im not rushing trying to get things prepped and ready...but overall it was a fun day and I got 1st in my class i was in Honda Street prepared since well my interior was taken out(the rear anyways) and I was the only one in my class.

I am planning on going to other regions this season seeing how things are there and probaly going to buy a helmet since im really hooked on this and know im going to be going to alot of events but first my memebership has to be arranged 10$'s cheaper....hope you enjoy and tell me what you think of my times the only thing i really had on was a rear strut tower bar didnt have time for my neuspeed front bar to be put on and my friend hot wired my vtec to a switch since it never worked and now it dose but i only use it when the engine is warm and at 3500 on up.....

And dont worry pics are on there way just have to reformat into jpeg
By teal_dx
#59607 I remember the feeling after my first auto-x, I was addicted too :woot:

Each course setup will have different times, so we can't tell how you did w/o the times of the other drivers to compare to.

The more you go, the more you'll see yourself moving up in the rankings.

What class were you in?
By Classiccarsrule85
#59611 well without my interior (rear) in I was in the Honda street prepared class but hopfully tomarrow im putting everything back in but this time with a pleather rear seat i got for cheap.
hopefully that will get me in a better class where there is more competition. however I wonder what adding a Ls will do to the class I am placed in....
By teal_dx
#59613 ls awap will probably put you in SM Street Mod, also a very competitive class.

Stret Prepared is a tough class too- putting the seat back in is a good idea.

What mods do you have done to your car?
By Classiccarsrule85
#59614 not much reallly strut bars I am putting in a rear lower swap bar soon and engine wise just a intake (ram air i think) B1 tb with ported to match z6 intake and a muffler. not many mods at all really
By teal_dx
#59627 so with your interior back in I think that will put you in STS which is a fun class. It allows engine bolt ons (cai, exhaust- no forced induction) suspension (struts/springs/strut & sway bars/bushings) wheels & tires (to a certain width)

There's probably going to be some good competition for you in that class since people will have full suspension & wheels, but civics have very good potential for STS :thumb:
By Ecc0
#59636 I so wish they would start doing this in the UK I would love to have chance to do this on a more regular basis.

At the moment the only thing I get to do is track time at car shows which is well pricey and not very long.

But am on my way to Nurburgring next weekend well looking forward to that :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#65859 I dont know if the classes are different everywhere, but the swapped hondas here run in STO or STU street tire open or unlimited. Im not sure which one it is, but its one of those. I have a LS swapped car and thats what I run in.