Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By matt31
#338234 Hey all I did a search for this but could not find what I was looking for.
I run in the SCCA in STF, I'm looking to move to STC because it's more popular. STC is dominated by EF 89-91, I would like to use an EG so my
question is, can a EG be competitive with the EF??
By matt31
teal_dx wrote:The EF will always be lighter than the EG. EG would be a good car but in the end I think an EF would always have the advantage, given the same driver.

Thank you for the reply. I have looked up the weight of the ef and eg and found anything from about 100lbs to 210lbs difference or more.
I like the eg body better, hummm maybe an eg diet????? :hehe:
By civicexracer
#338389 I have BOTH lol. I have a '95 EX Coupe and a '91 Si. Both are built for STC. Both have very similar mods, only my '91 Si is slightly more/better prepped. I can tell you from experience that the EG, even that hatch version, just cannot compete. It's too heavy... You can't legally get an EG anywhere near the lowest weigh that an EF can get, which if going extreme can be just under 2000lbs( I believe Andy Hollis' National winning EF was 1950lbs). Just for reference, my '95 is probably somewhere around 1 to 1.5 seconds slower on a ~60sec course than my EF... Which is huge for a car that's very similar.
By rtegra92
#338630 i autox a 92 civic and sometimes the course is better caterd to my taste and do very well, similar cars but there is always human error,

i say go for it, thats the spirit of the whole thing. go in there and possibly be the underdog and refine your skills and your car and GO GET EM !