Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By civicexracer
#318359 Me... lol
By eg-guy
civicexracer wrote:Me... lol

Tell me a little about the club/events. I read that participants had to do track work like setting up cones and cleaning. Is the $30 a one time fee for the year? Any info would be great.
By civicexracer
#318458 The entry fee for the events are $30 for CDC members and $40 for non-members. I think membership is like $45 for the year. The entry fee pays for your runs only for that event, not for the year. CDC typically does at least 6 runs per driver. Typical CDC course is usually around 40-50seconds but double backs on itself since the lots they run on are very small.

What they mean by working is that everyone who drives must work the course either right before or right after they do their runs. Work means just standing out on the lot when other drivers make their runs and if someone hits a cone, you run out and place it back in its position or call someone off course if they went off. It's easy, most of the time you just stand there watching cars and might run out a couple of times to pick up a cone. This IS required. The whole organization and it's committee is all volunteer. They set up the program and event and no one gets payed for it. In order to run an autox event, the people who are driving are expected to help just by working the course.

Read this section over
http://capitaldrivingclub.com/faq.html

I'll be at the last 2 Frederick events, the one this Saturday and the one on Saturday in November. Frederick is the smallest venue around, the courses are tiny and the lot isn't that great but it's sill fun. I've been autoxing for 7 years, I think about 5 of which have been with CDC. I'm on the committee for the Washington DC Region SCCA and also the NCC BMW club and run with all the other clubs in the region. So if you have any questions, I'm sure I can help you out.