Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By JohnRM
#268556 Getting more into autocross and I need some help choosing a rear sway bar (brand and size) and a front upper strut bar for my EG sedan. Any info will be much appreciated! Thanks! :)
By JohnRM
teal_dx wrote:If you're going to put a large sway bar on the rear, I'd suggest a subframe brace such as the ASR Brace to prevent subframe tear out :thumb:

I actually have a skunk2 lower tie bar (Christmas present from a friend). Can it be an alternative AND get a larger sway bar without any problems?

From greasedmonkey's post, only the EX of our car came with a rear sway bar measured at 13mm. What would be considered "large" at this point?
By kel
#268612 Your best bet is to go with a asr reinforcement brace and arb kit.

Or the beaks arb reinforcement kit with an oem integra type r arb. This is the set up i run and its pretty awesome.
By Jgallamore
#268982 What class do you want to run in? What group (SCCA, NASA, some other club that uses SCCA or NASA rules)?

Otherwise, assuming you know what your allowed to do.

ITR rear sway with ASR subframe brace/reinforcement. The rear lower tie bar doesnt prevent subframe tearout.

Alot depends on the spring rates and shocks you are running as well. Sways should really be used to fine tune, once you have a good spring/shock combo.

As far as the front strut tower brace, i'd go with whatever looks good on ebay. If you pay more than $50 for a strut tower brace you've paid way too much.
By JohnRM
Jgallamore wrote:What class do you want to run in? What group (SCCA, NASA, some other club that uses SCCA or NASA rules)?

Otherwise, assuming you know what your allowed to do.

ITR rear sway with ASR subframe brace/reinforcement. The rear lower tie bar doesnt prevent subframe tearout.

Alot depends on the spring rates and shocks you are running as well. Sways should really be used to fine tune, once you have a good spring/shock combo.

As far as the front strut tower brace, i'd go with whatever looks good on ebay. If you pay more than $50 for a strut tower brace you've paid way too much.

Hey,

I'm in the SCCA solo2 group. Because of my wheels and some mods I've done to the car, I run with STX.

Spring rates I'm running are 10k/5k. I haven't messed with the shocks much. I'm waiting to find the rear sway and subframe to finish fine tuning the shocks for autocross.
By Axix23
#333489 go with the front 3-pt strut bars like from carbing
By xzachrickx
#337490 KONI YELLOW/GROUND CONTROL, asr 26mm sway bar, asr sub frame brace. function 7 lcas spring rates are 450 fr, and 550 rr with the sway bar set to medium
and i love it!!

By Canyon Si
xzachrickx wrote:KONI YELLOW/GROUND CONTROL, asr 26mm sway bar, asr sub frame brace. function 7 lcas spring rates are 450 fr, and 550 rr with the sway bar set to medium
and i love it!!

What front bar?