Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By bks84
#268491 What are you guys using for pads and rotors?

Im already in SMF (street modified front wheel drive) so I dont think changing the brake pads and rotors will affect my class much, if at all.

I am running stock EX fronts w/DC4 rears.

Last event I apparently braked a lot harder than the brakes could handle so they're glazed and theres no real point in stuffing some stock crappy parts store pads in there especially since I plan on auto-x'ing more... (3 more events plus driving school before season is over)

Ive heard good things about HPS', but wanna hear your opinions.
By Jgallamore
#268984 Still a street car? Will you have a pair of street pads and track/autox pads?

HPS are a good pad, I used to run an HP+ on my DSM which is a step higher then the HPS. Friend of mine just did a track weekend on HPS pads in his Miata and was very happy with them.

I picked my car up from a friend who used to track it, and he gave me some Carbotechs, so im not 100% sure what im going to run, and im not used to a lighter car like this hatch. Regardless the HPS and HP+ are proven pads that I doubt you can really go wrong with.

Rotors...go with whatever is cheapest at Advance/Autozone/Rockauto.com
By bks84
#268990 no, i will not have a street pad and a "race" pad, I need the pads to be dual purpose!!!

friend of mine who I auto-x with runs HPS' on his ED and loves em! So I may give em a try.

thanks for the advice!
By EJ1_MK
#269090 I run the password JDM rotors and Hawk HP+ pads all around and I can pull more than a 1g in braking force. I have not had the chance to run auto x this year due to my work schedule but I am going to try in the next few weeks.