Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By Greasedmonkey
#21133 Image

Doesnt look all that fun, but im sure it will be. The last few looked alot better. This will be my first even after the swap and with the coilovers...
By ChicagoMike
#21138 Thats crazy!! Thats an entirely different style of racing compared to what I'm used to. Props to you because you have to know how to drive to race that way. :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here's my next track course... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By 1993 Civic Si
#21222 VERY nicely done!!!

Here, HERE!!!

Looks like a great design and a ton of fun...nice mix of elements...well placed cones and pointers...awesome job! How long (time-wise) is it?

Wish I knew how to graph it like that. :hehe:

So you guys give course maps to drivers? I think that's an EXcellent idea!
By ohDirka
#21224 wow mike your track is really similar to mine
By Greasedmonkey
1993 Civic Si wrote:VERY nicely done!!!

Here, HERE!!!

Looks like a great design and a ton of fun...nice mix of elements...well placed cones and pointers...awesome job! How long (time-wise) is it?

Wish I knew how to graph it like that. :hehe:

So you guys give course maps to drivers? I think that's an EXcellent idea!

Im not sure how long it is. They are usually for arround 50 seconds or so. But roughly 1 minute and you get four trys to get the best time you can. I can post up some past courses to show you all the ones Ive done.

yes, we get course maps when we show up to race, and they post them up online before hand too.
By Greasedmonkey
#21323 here are some of the past ones.

By chnzgoofball
#21346 o damn looks like its gonna be hella fun good luck!
By 1993 Civic Si
#21477 That's pretty awesome. Most of our courses are shorter, but we mainly have smallish venues. I wish we did, but currently NONE of the clubs I run with provide course maps. I think they're a GREAT idea.

Do you have a link to download any of these? I'm also interested in HOW you guys graph these. What software...are you using GPS stuff...you know...the nuts and bolts of it.
By 1993 Civic Si
#22726 The Houston Region actually put together a VERY nice Course Designer's Handbook. I have a copy of it. Great read, especially if you're into the technical aspects.

Do you happen to know what graphing software they're using?
By Greasedmonkey
#22756 Oh it is fun as hell.
By Ej2-B16a
#27509 so where and how to u host these events? do u pay off a parking lot or something?
By Greasedmonkey
1993 Civic Si wrote:The Houston Region actually put together a VERY nice Course Designer's Handbook. I have a copy of it. Great read, especially if you're into the technical aspects.

Do you happen to know what graphing software they're using?

Im not sure what they use, if they use something. I know that all those grey ircles are light poles in the lot. and we just work arround them. The start out with the blank page and just design a corse arround the lights. Its all hand drawn from what I have seen.
By Greasedmonkey
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:so where and how to u host these events? do u pay off a parking lot or something?

The SCCA club in houston set up something with the place to use the lot. They also have drift shows there too.