Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By danomatic93
#117557 I thought I posted this for you guys but apparently I didn't yet, sorry.

This is if you want to mount your super sweet JDM yo parking pole on the passenger’s side for a LHD Civic. This way the pole can actually be of use and not be just a JDM goodie.

This DIY is done with an EG switch (up and down toggle switch) and an EG pole.

Quick Operation Vid:

When extend, the tip lights up:

Suggested Tools:
-Dremel
-Soldering Iron
-Heat Shrink Tubing
-Screw Drivers
-Safety Glasses

Wiring:
The pole will have 4 wires coming from it:
Yellow/Red – connect to Yellow/Red on Switch
Yellow/White – connect to Yellow/White on Switch
Red – connect to Red wire on Parking Light
Black – connect to Black wire on Parking Light

The switch will have 4 wires coming from it:
Yellow/Green - connect to ignition +12 volts
Black – connect to ground
Yellow/White – connect to Yellow/White on Pole
Yellow/Red - connect to Yellow/White on Pole

If you get a used pole you’ll probably have to extend the wiring. Properly solder and shrink tube the connections.

Modifications:
Since the mounting bracket is set up for a RHD vehicle you’ll have to bend it the opposite of how it is currently bent. Keep the same angle.

Now, I tried a bunch of different ways of mounting the pole (that's why there a ton of holes in it). It seemed that the best way was the use all the original holes. I also cut the bracket and bent the edge a little for better fitment.

If your pole didn’t come with the security nut that mounts on top on the bumper you can make one. Here’s the one I had to make. I found a hard plastic grommet and used a dremel to get it to the right size. For structural integrity, I used epoxy to fill the voids. Also, not pictured, I cut two notches on the top for installation and removal.
Original piece on the left, modified piece on the right:

Install Steps:
1. Remove bumper.
2. Line up where pole will come out and mark it.
3. Cut hole in bumper, BE CAREFUL, you one get on chance.
4. Mount Bracket to Fog light bracket and screw tight the top security nut.
5. Connect the wiring to the corner light and run the other wires into the cabin and connect accordingly.
6. Enjoy your Super Sweet JDM Yo Parking Pole!

By hatchie
#117567 the one your selling that has that little h on it?
By hatchie
#117568 and great diy i will deff be using this when i get one
By danomatic93
hatchie wrote:the one your selling that has that little h on it?

It's not the same one. I bought another one, lol. So, I don't need the other one. :)
By emerica544
#166679 what is the purpose of these? where can u get one? BTW looks sick!!!
By chrono404
emerica544 wrote:what is the purpose of these? where can u get one? BTW looks sick!!!

So you know where the corner of your car for use in parking next to a curb, so you dont curb your rims/tires.

Very good and detailed DIY. :thumb:
By emerica544
chrono404 wrote:
emerica544 wrote:what is the purpose of these? where can u get one? BTW looks sick!!!

So you know where the corner of your car for use in parking next to a curb, so you dont curb your rims/tires.

k thanks
By Chance
chrono404 wrote:

Times twozle!
By Carfanatic
#168175 nice DIY!

I really need one... someone was before me on a ebay auction damned... :x Brand new complete pole, sold right in front of me when i pushed the buy button :cry:

btw, did you get the Relais with it? Or is it possible to do it without a relais?
By danomatic93
Carfanatic wrote:nice DIY!

I really need one... someone was before me on a ebay auction damned... :x Brand new complete pole, sold right in front of me when i pushed the buy button :cry:

btw, did you get the Relais with it? Or is it possible to do it without a relais?

If you buy the EF or EK switch you'll need a relay as they are single push buttons.

BUT, if you buy the EG switch you don't need a relay and it is a double throw (up and down) switch.
By EG9-ish
#205702 When removing the pole itself, there is one scrim (factory wise, no modification) that i unscrew to remove the mount attaching the bumper, but this grommet that you have at the top of the bumper, how does it remove? I'm trying not to break it, so i'm just looking the best way, before i screw with it.
By ful48
#214603 hey i want to buy one of this.....any one selling one>? lmk pls....txt me 305-878-2479 khris
By jayEGR
#214689 good DIY :woot: :thumb:
By mayuzuka
#263748 ground u mean '-ve' terminal at the battery?..somebody pls help me...thanks..