Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By JtownHatch
#88976 if i were to just tint rite over the rear defrost wold that cause any bubbles? or should i cut strips for in between each defrost strip?
By Benj
#88979 lay it on top make sure to use lots of soap and water, i can tint, but i would never do the back window cuz i would be afraid of f'in it up. best advice pay the 50 or 60 it is to get a pro to do it so if they screw up they have to fix it.
By Gunni
#88980 if it is done right it should be ok to tint over them.
By marvinp8700
ilmcrx wrote:lay it on top make sure to use lots of soap and water, i can tint, but i would never do the back window cuz i would be afraid of f'in it up. best advice pay the 50 or 60 it is to get a pro to do it so if they screw up they have to fix it.

what he said
By biretsu89
#89310 Yes.... have some one else do the tinting job.... if you want to do it.... then make sure to have a heat gun and get all the air bubbles out when doing the tinting... ( I horribly failed on one rear window so I never tried again)
By EGRUNNER
#316893 Hey guys getting tint what do I do about the rear window so far removed struts rear wiper and defroster plugs what about the wires glued to window
By nd1983
#316898 i've watched a few friends do it. and they sand down the wires a bit to make less room for air pockets.

personally. i'll tint my 4 removable windows and get the rear professionally done.
By EGRUNNER
#316916 so does that mean i dont have to mess with the wires just let them cut and lay the tint around them.
By teal_dx
#317004 When I had my back window done back in the day, they guy had to use more than one piece of tint so he hid the seam on one of the defroster lines. He didn't cut around each defroster line though... that would take forever and look horrible. Sanding down the lines a little bit is a good idea :thumb:
By bigJOE671
Benj wrote:lay it on top make sure to use lots of soap and water, i can tint, but i would never do the back window cuz i would be afraid of f'in it up. best advice pay the 50 or 60 it is to get a pro to do it so if they screw up they have to fix it.

X2