Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By york62
#6204 ok i'm wondering if and how this works...the good ol' eg tilt the hood up in the back.
By ChicagoMike
#6207 People go back and forth on the purpose of this. Some say it works, others say its useless. :?
By Jsa-SIR2
#6212 i like it, dont go to hi though!

i had a lot of peple saying that it wasnt closed :roll:
By LaMbErT*
#6221 Im not entirely happy with the way it looks but supposidly it does let hot air out and cool the engine but im not sure :thumbdown:
By chnzgoofball
#6231 i always thought ppl did this if they have a crazy ass turbo manifold or a k20 in it... never knew they used it to cool down the motor.... :?
By york62
#6242 ya well the first car is mine and i have no CRAZY turbo haha but ya its supposedly to cool the engine down some by forcing the air from the front up and out the top of the hood
By Greasedmonkey
#6243 Im not sure on the real purpose but it sometimes looks good.
By Toophi3chrisEGHBK
#313560 i'm a little bit late on this reply, but i just noticed this post. Import tuner did a study on this a while ago, and the propped hood dropped the temperature inside the engine bay by about 2-3 degrees F. not much of a difference, but it will help
By FG2_Andrew
#313562 On of the most pointless ricer mods.. Like rusting your body panels or adding tow hooks.
By juls1488
EH2_andy wrote:On of the most pointless ricer mods.. Like rusting your body panels or adding tow hooks.

friend of mine had a b20 swapped EF9. he needed hood risers so the hood would clear the valve cover.
but on EGs, its pretty much just for looks.
By asianrob
juls1488 wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:On of the most pointless ricer mods.. Like rusting your body panels or adding tow hooks.

friend of mine had a b20 swapped EF9. he needed hood risers so the hood would clear the valve cover.
but on EGs, its pretty much just for looks.

not so on EG's the hood for the US model's will clear for the D series but it will usually hit on B series. usually on the driver side where that ground is on the valve cover.

the cars with the B- series engine's hood are slight different on the under side like the skeleton is slight higher to clear the valve cover.