Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By teal_dx
#5708 This thread is for d15kid and anyone else wanting to see how EK skirts look on EG's.

To get the skirt & clips off, slide the whole side skirt forward from back wheel to front wheel. The skirt will release from the clips. Then turn each white clip 45 degrees and wiggle it out.

To put them on, you have to cut about 2" from the front of the EK skirt to make them the same length as your EG ones, because they are a little longer.
Then use the white clips that held on your old skirts and install them in the new EK skirt so you can see where the clips meet the rocker panel.
Be sure you get the first hole lined correctly, you can use it as a base to line up the rest of the clips.
Do a vertical measurement first, to make sure the holes weren't too high or low. Then you need to be accurate for each hole from Left to Right. You can put a small dab of grease on the tip of the white clips and lined up the side skirt. Partially put the white clip in the front hole and see where the other holes will be. You should have already marked where they should be vertically, now where the grease mark was left is where the hole needs to be horizontally. Where the 2 lines came together is where to drill!
(sample pic from a different project)
Now if you are a little off, it is OK. Next you will need to file the small round hole into a bigger square hole. Keep test fitting the side skirt with the white clips installed. Each time you test fit, you will see which side of the square hole you need to file on. If your skirt looks to be too low, then file the top of the hole away. If the clip is not going in because the hole does not go to the right enough, file that side. Be careful not to file too much though, or the clips will be too loose. best thing to do is keep the side skirt with white clips installed right there and keep checking.
Only a couple of the original holes can be re-used, the rest you will be drilling new ones for.

(sample pic from a different project)

After your panels fit, you can clean & primer the area.
You'll know they fit when the skirts pop in with an easy punch. if you keep punching them hard, then you need to file a little more.

I'm still trying to find this done to an EG sedan...

By ohDirka
#5714 thanks teal! :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
#5717 to add to this most ppl who do the ek side skirt on the eg uses the front mud flap to cover up the cut
By ChicagoMike
#5734 I also did the EK side skirts. It was definately an easy swap over!

By vtec_gloucester
#5736 prefer stock EG side skirts...

some of the above cars are very nice though :)
By ohDirka
#5831 Did some looking and for some 4doors with the side skirts

ImageImage
By ohDirka
#5835 added some more^^^
By chnzgoofball
#5842 wow... it looks really nice on 4 doors never realized it till now thanks d15kid!! :thumb:
By ohDirka
chnzgoofball wrote:wow... it looks really nice on 4 doors never realized it till now thanks d15kid!! :thumb:

np essay
By vtec_gloucester
#5857 loving the look of the white 4 door...

thats one family car i would have. lmao :lol:
By ohDirka
vtec_gloucester wrote:loving the look of the white 4 door...

thats one family car i would have. lmao :lol:

one family car that ill be rockin soon
By Jsa-SIR2
#5995 i like it, looks diffrent. AddictiveAllMotor, looks cool. 8)
By Greasedmonkey
#6007 I wanted to do this to mine. Till I got a sweet deal on the WW RS sides.
By JMan8108
#18033 I love this mod on mine, flows so much better with a mugen style lip