Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Civic_HatchSI
smokinsoljah420 wrote:
Modern Shakespear wrote:does normal car paint not crack with the heat?

i was reading this and the same thought came to my head. The only reason why i didnt paint my vc with normal car paint is because i thought it wouldnt stay nice. I thought you could only use High Temp paint. Holly, (or anyone) how is the paint? still look as good as day one? Any cracks or bubbling? :thumb:

Looks the same now, as what it did the first day I painted it. The vc does not get hot enough to crack the paint.
By Civic_HatchSI
ej2rey wrote:
sdots wrote:
Method wrote:why cut it out for the cam gears?

To show them off and possibly/maybe clearance?

The half moon are for tunning perpuses when having adjustable cam gears.
It gives easier access to the cam gears so you can adjust them instead of taking off the valve cover off all the time.

NOTE: for the lettering when painting the valve cover you can get sum chap stick and apply sum on the letters. Once you're done painting and the paint is dry just wipe the chap stick off and wala!

I have seen the chap stick method go really wrong. I find its easier to just paint the complete VC then sand off the paint on the lettering once its dried 24hrs.
By smokinsoljah420
#84704 now you said you used left over paint from your car? your car is candy red? i dunno for some reason your vc looks WAY more candy than your car does! :?
By Civic_HatchSI
smokinsoljah420 wrote:now you said you used left over paint from your car? your car is candy red? i dunno for some reason your vc looks WAY more candy than your car does! :?

It all depends on the layering of the paint, and the color of the primer. Its finicky.
By JDMb16EJ
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
ej2rey wrote:
sdots wrote:

The half moon are for tunning perpuses when having adjustable cam gears.
It gives easier access to the cam gears so you can adjust them instead of taking off the valve cover off all the time.

NOTE: for the lettering when painting the valve cover you can get sum chap stick and apply sum on the letters. Once you're done painting and the paint is dry just wipe the chap stick off and wala!

I have seen the chap stick method go really wrong. I find its easier to just paint the complete VC then sand off the paint on the lettering once its dried 24hrs.

just mask off the letters,
ive been wanting to paint my vc for sometime now(b16a), im just worried about the troubles when taking off the vc, or is it simply pull out the plugs and wires, n undo the vc 4 bolts and it comes rite off no problems no worries, paint it up , n pop her back on,?? :?
By smokinsoljah420
#90039 Pretty much cept id replace the vc gasket while im at it. And im pretty sure you dont need to take the spark plugs out. :thumb:
By JDMb16EJ
smokinsoljah420 wrote:Pretty much cept id replace the vc gasket while im at it. And im pretty sure you dont need to take the spark plugs out. :thumb:

haha great, ima get on that sometime, i was thinkin a nice championship white,or that like dark midnight blue with a nice thick clear, anyone paint thers white? or blue pics?
By JDMb16EJ
sdots wrote:

im always worried bout a rock or peble or something like that, flying in
By thatboiE(g6)
#91952 I used duplicolor high temp. came out mad clean! IMO
sorry the photos are so big....

By JDMb16EJ
#91964 that looks fantastic, the lettering is a nice touch :thumb:
By thatboiE(g6)
JDMb16EJ wrote:that looks fantastic, the lettering is a nice touch :thumb:

Thanks!!!

The lettering is a tattoo I have on my right forearm. So It's not just some letters I threw on their to look cool, they have a special meaning to me!!.... aaand so dose my car!!
By fatcoupe
#171117 Great write up! thanks...plan on attempting this myself :D