Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By BAXTER_EJ1
#53201 My idea:

Civic-Eg should invest in the actual, professional fender rolling tool.

Purchase for $300 and rent out to members for $15/4 days. Renter gives a deposit of $300 (sent through pay-pal or certified cheque). Teal sends renter the tool along with a return delivery slip for when the renter is finished.

When renter is finished, he/she returns the tool to Teal with the pre-printed return label (postage paid). Teal then refunds renter the deposit (minus shipping charges and $15).

This way, individuals could use the tool for $15 plus maybe $40 in shipping both ways? Once Teal has rented it to 20 people he has his money back, and members on the site could also let their (TRUSTED) friends use it for a charge as well, and make some of their money back that way.

I've seen websites of people who do this and charge even more for people to rent. Why not make some profit and also provide a much needed service to your posters Teal? I think it's a can't-fail idea.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#53204 I've googled it too, I've seen two websites, and I know for sure that one isn't accepting any more renters right now as the list is too long.

I'm quite certain the other website has a waiting list of at least a few months.

Just thought it might be something Civic-EG and its members would be interested in.
By teal_dx
#71915 Just saw that Harbor Freight now sells a generc version of the tirerack fender roller:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=98793

You may want to consider splitting the cost with a couple of friends and all roll your fenders for cheap w/o using a bat :thumb:
By jmsplitfyre
#71932 Well, that is my plan since no tire/wheel shop here carries that tool for rent. I'm gonna buy the rolling tool and rent it only to my trusted friends for now, then if someone else needs it I'm gonna ask for a deposit then like $5-10/day. :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
teal_dx wrote:Just saw that Harbor Freight now sells a generc version of the tirerack fender roller:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=98793

You may want to consider splitting the cost with a couple of friends and all roll your fenders for cheap w/o using a bat :thumb:

Thats worth it for just you alone. I have two cars i can use that on. and Im sure I could rent it out to my friends. I might look into getting that.
By becquio
#97319 I'm gonna do this to a pair of fenders that i bought in a yard, i need wheel clearance with 205 50 15 toyo r888, low Et rims and suspension set up.
:P
By 95CivEg
#120566 a lil off the subkject but somebody needs ta do that rent deal with the Xtractor tool for the rear trailing arm bushings! lol =P
By Mr. Pink
#120655 that white 4dr is what i am dropped at now, but i have 14's on my car currently. i am going to be rolling my fenders when i get my quarters replaced.

i will also be running a 15x8" wheel with a 25 offset so i cant complain much there.
By OleFolk
#193239 whats the reason for rolling your fenders ?

i think i have like...idk maybe 2" more of clearance due to rust on my rear quarter panels [smilie=BangHead.gif] i cant weld but i can solder.
By jerko
#201100 I read somewhere that someone just used their fingers. I tried it and it worked. Not hard to bend at all. (unless your week sause) :hehe:
By OleFolk
#201128 finger status is way better then alot of money :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: