Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 95civiceg
#126485 ...and then compound lol=]

i cant wait to paint my coupe
i just need to get the rear end fixed from the body shop
and i am on my way to painting my car =]

hey when paint my car should i be inside somewhere like a garage or can i do it outside
By matt is (eg6)
#126603 werd if you get trash and shit in the paint you will not be happy lol
By hotmayo12
#168771 hey i wanna do my door imma have to bondo it has some deep dent i was wondering you had any tips on sand paper n primer n stuff i have to do to it

and also i wanted to paint the whole car a hypnotic blue
By Boods
#191833 Teal.... Thanks :)

Just use your guide and managed to turn a crappy blue bumper from the tip into a matching black bumper for my coupe! I didn't have much money being a student, and thanks to you it looks really good :)

thanks again. really good write up, and the pictures're amazing too :thumb:
By OleFolk
#192322 i got myself a teal / turquoise egdx fml damn dx. I really dont like the color at all and would rather have the car be white.

I was always taught by my father who is a car collector. To always have spare / backup car parts. Im just about to buy all the body panels for my car, which will most likely be pre primed. Paint them all white and swap body parts. no? I would then have backup teal body panels.

this would save me in the long run. it will be pricey but i wont look under my white car one day to find teal underneath.. any thoughts? anyone?
By OleFolk
#192947 bumpin
By Spitfire Riggz
#193109 Hey man im not new to civics but im an uuber newb when it comes to painting. I would like to repaint my teal civic to a gunmetal or flat silver color. I dont understand the primer concept can you help? Also i bought a replacement bumper cover thats red, to get it teal do i have to primer another color?? please help thank you
By teal_dx
#193257 hey not trying to sound like a dick, but google "steps to paint a car" or "how to paint a car"
There's some really good sites that come up and they explain it a lot better and faster than we can :thumb:

the quick answer, no you don't have to primer over another color, you can just scuff it up with some 400 to 600 grit. But with red & teal you have very different colors so your paint might not be the same after going over those 2 different colors as a base.
By Spitfire Riggz
#193281 No dude its cool your not being a dick at all I figured i should do that first lol. How paint works hahaha. I guess what i am trying to say is going from red to stock teal. I saw another post where the guy talks about going from black to teal, and someone said that the teal would be a lot darker so primer gray or white then teal. Im wondering if this is true? And if so do the same steps for primer that you did for paint right? Clean, sand, adhesive primer coats? Then clean sand adhesive teal coats and clear coat bleh bleh bleh ?
By hensondo
#194942 Just a question pretty sure I know the answer but I was just wondering if you scratched the new paint on top will the old paint be visible?
By teal_dx
Spitfire Riggz wrote:No dude its cool your not being a dick at all I figured i should do that first lol. How paint works hahaha. I guess what i am trying to say is going from red to stock teal. I saw another post where the guy talks about going from black to teal, and someone said that the teal would be a lot darker so primer gray or white then teal. Im wondering if this is true? And if so do the same steps for primer that you did for paint right? Clean, sand, adhesive primer coats? Then clean sand adhesive teal coats and clear coat bleh bleh bleh ?

Yes it is true. and Yep you have he right idea :thumb:
By teal_dx
hensondo wrote:Just a question pretty sure I know the answer but I was just wondering if you scratched the new paint on top will the old paint be visible?

yeah if the scratch or chip is deep enough. I have red paint showing all over this bumper now from chips driving the car 400-500 miles a week.