Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By OleFolk
#196112 if i take all the body panels off my car.
strip them sand them prime them paint em then clear coat
...with like spray paint... fan tip
will my paint job be straight up ghetto status and chip and peal n what not
By teal_dx
#196145 aerosol is a lacquer paint, or sometimes an enamel which is a little tougher than the lacquer. But both are a fraction of the harness of urethane, which is what a professional paint job would be. OEM paint jobs are urethane as well.
So it will be more prone to chipping than a professional urethane paint job.

If you do your prep work correctly on any paint job, then it will not peal.
By OleFolk
#196249 :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow:
This guy...
his name is Tealdx
hes amazing
you people should really listen to him
By teal_dx
#196298 :lol:
You can see my poor mans paint job in person sometime, we always have a summer cookout meet. I just wet sanded & polished my hatch yesterday and it's lookin better than ever!
By JohnAWESOME
#227601 Hey stumbled on this so I can't find info on the Danvern nozzle you were talking about the link doesnt work. Is that a nozzle you buy and you put it on the can you are going to use or is that a duplicolor paint standard nozzle? I found that duplicolor paint has EZ Touch fan spray nozzles same or different? thanks
By teal_dx
#227632 Some of the Dupli-Color cans come with it, it is the blue nozzle. I've seen some red ones too.

The white nozzles are the old fashioned nozzles, from what I have seen.
By teal_dx
b20eg hatch wrote:hope you still here i need help i need deatils were you bought your cans of paint and clear

You can get them at automotive parts stores like Autozone, Advance, NAPA etc. or buy them on ebay/amazon. :thumb: