Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ghskid06
#356282 So I have some wheels which are plasti dipped. Im trying to remove it but it was put on too thin and only comes off in small pieces and I cant seem to get it out of small areas. Will a car wash pressure washer work? Is there a cleaner that I can use to re liquefy it without damaging the clear underneath?

Thanks in advance.
By iLLson
#356286 i had wheels plastidiped too thin once. took forever.

i used thinner to remove it.

it takes time but it will come off.
i know they do sell a liquid that you can spray on and have it sit...then go at it with a pressure washer and it blast off.

i saw it on youtube from the dipyourcar channel.
By ghskid06
#356293 Ok, yeah it's a real pain. I thought about trying to find something to rub it off with, but that would require a lot of experimenting. I am hoping to get it off this weekend and not have to wait for chemicals to come in the mail. Its a fine idea for protecting wheels in the winter or something but only if its applied right.
By ghskid06
#356294 I dod some searching before posting this but after doing more research I think I've come across the answer. Will try tomorrow and report back.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/eas ... al.252092/
By suspendedHatch
#356842 Cool, let us know. I have some spare wheels that have a little bit of white looks like plastidip on them (does it stretch and peel?). I want it off but I don't want to damage the OEM paint.