Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By MilpitasEH2
#352380 So I've read as much threads as I can regarding this topic. But is it natural for the ek side skirt conversion to do this on the eg Hatchback? From my understanding, the front mudflaps are used to cover the cut but what about the little extra gap towards the front of the sideskirt? Does the mudflaps cover that too? Or do I have to just accept how it is? Pics of your guys hatchback and this gap would be greatly appreciated!

By egsedanguy
#352383 here is pics of them installed.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=695

Here is more info. Looks like you still have some trimming to do.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-foru ... ts-ej.html
By MilpitasEH2
#352384 Thanks for the reply. I can't really see the front part of the sideskirts but it seems flush with no gap whatsoever. And as for trimming, the current length of the side skirt That I cut is perfectly aligned with the car. Any more cutting and it'll be short. It's just that the front has that flaring which I'm trying to find out how other hatch owners have overcome this ugly flaring. I mean are you supposed to cut the front more so the flaring is gone but there's just empty space for the mudflaps to go on? Cause I've seen lots of EG's with no mudflaps and it looks straight as hell. :?
By MilpitasEH2
#352394 Image

Are the side skirts suppose to rest under this or is it suppose to cover it? I'm guessing this is the problem and I've been trimming the side skirt but it still flares out a lot.
By MilpitasEH2
#352406 i'll probably do that today. Hopefully it works
By MilpitasEH2
#352421 So I tried trimming and it barely worked. BUT if anyone does come into this problem this is what I have done to fix the flaring. Obviously when you cut the front part of the side skirts it's still gunna flare out due to the way the ek fenders are shaped. And of course basic knowledge, the top part you cut out is what's going to "hold" the side skirts into place and be able to push the flares in by a little bit if not maybe majority of it. But you cut that off already. You have two options: 1) use a heat gun to straighten it out a little bit (not to sure if it'll work because I don't have a heat gun but the use of heating parts up with a heat gun is to change its shape easily due to absorption of hot heat) not top sure if it'll work on plastic since I've seen lots of people do it to metal or 2) go ape shit and find a little folding spot on the side skirt (I bent the sideskirt around the area where the corner of the edge of the little part of the body is sticking out in the 2nd picture and side skirt meet) and bend it the other way to "straighten" the side skirt out. Not professional, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Obviously had to do this one cause I don't have a heat gun. Either that or you got a messed up side skirt lol.