Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By vince72310
#349292 hahah i know this may sound stupid but have you ever took your civic to a diy carwash and use the pressure washer to wash the engine, spray all the dirt, grime, dust etc? did you cover anything up? i know some people do this and their engines are still fine, whats your opinion/experience?
By TrailerTrash
#349294 ive done it many many times. and the only things ive ever covered are carburetors.

unless you have an open element air filter everything else should be just fine.

BUT

don't just drive there, pop the hood, and start spraying.

everything needs to be cooled down before you start spraying cold water all over it.
By vince72310
#349295 ok cool i know my upper half of my engine bay are so dirty, so i can just pressure wash the whole engine when it has cooled down? i have a AEM short ram should i cover that? or anything in particular? dont wanna mess nothing up
By teal_dx
#349298 I like to cover the alternator as much as I can and just not spray it too much. I don't know how much harm soaking it could do, but it's a good piece of mind knowing I try to keep it dry.

I don't blast the distributor either. I really try not to blast any part for too long unless it's a solid metal part - no plugs or sensors.

Let the really grimey stuff like the oil pan area soak for a min in some degreaser. Like bring a can of Gunk and spray the nasty stuff a min or 2 before you put quarters in the machine.