Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By vince72310
#347476 I drive a 95 EG hatchback and I'm looking into getting a lip but I don't know which one do get. What lip do you suggest or what's your favorite lip on an EG. Thanks!!
By Loaf31
#347477 I really like how the Spoon lips look on hatches. :thumb:
By jred
#347488 X2 on the SiR lips but hard to find :(
I think the Type R lips looks great when applied right, some people attached the lip too high on the bumper like this and it looks kinda weird

The trick is to run it along the original line on the lower curve line of the bumper where the OEM lip suppose to run and it looks allot better

Here's my EG with the same type r lip but, attached properly :thumb:

Sorry for showing only sedans but just wanted to show how much of a difference the same lip looks when applied differently
By juls1488
#347491 i like the way the spoon lips or the BYS lips look.
spoon lip:
backyard special lip:
the mugen style for 92-95 hatches, not the 96 and up style, is also nice.
the canards arent part of the lip but it was the best pic i could find quickly.
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:Jred, I agree 100%. It bugs me when the lip overlaps the lower area of the bumper where the grill starts. Good comparison pics. :thumb:

Mine overlaps like that, but the reason I kept it that way is because from the side, the lines of the lip are level with the lines of the side skirts and I like it that way because it makes my OCD happy and looks good with the fogs installed.

I'm just the opposite of everyone apparently, as the SiR lip on my hatch sits lower than the grill and it bothers me some. It's smaller than the R-style lip though.

Owning both, I like the Type-R style lip better personally.
By Leppy
#347495 Here's both side by side, back when my hatch was still red.

Last edited by Leppy on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HeikDiesel
#347500 I'm biased but BYS lip all the way. If I wasn't rocking a bys it would be a white crow bumper. The first molding lip is legit too, but you have to have some aggressive cosmetics to pull the look off
By jap-society
#348054 I really like the J's Racing lip. But there are so much nice lips, Spoon, Mugen, BYS, First Molding, MS-design

I would love to have them all and just switch them out from time to time. :D
By SloCivic
#348058 I like the oem sir lip, also the spoon lip in carbon kevlar is all time favorite, but im not spending $450+ on a lip to crack it or damage it, I could never forgive myself lol
By FG2_Andrew
#348094 BYS > SiR > Spoon
By mADmAN
#348227 used to run SiR lip... got bored and swapped out to a spoon...only downside is the damn lip is pretty big and im scraping...it also blocks out the OEM tow hook points... so gonna need to hunt for external tow hooks.

my favourite is till BYS and J's.. but cant get a replica here...not willing to pay a tonne of cash for something thats gonna scrape bumps and probably end up breaking.