Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Loaf31
#345873 I'm thinking about getting some tail lights like these in place of my blacked out stock tails.

I dont really like the tail lights that come on the stock EG8's, so I wanna know how 50/50 red and white tails would look.
So, if everyone could post some pics of these tail lights on a white EG, that'd be awesome! :thumb:
By tom023
#345941 Stalked civic-eg for sometime saw this thread and thought I'd register and contribute something for once. I bought this tired white eg a few days ago, although it is not the exact design you can get an idea of what the clear/red taillights will look like. They look cool, but be careful with how aftermarket lights fit, as you can see either the previous owner fitted these wrong or they just don't sit straight!

(p.s. hope photos upload correctly, had to find the "upload a photo" sticky in the noobs section.)
By tom023
#345942 Image

By Loaf31
#346074 I agree!
Here are more pictures. I like these tails a lot more than stock.

By AutoXRacer
#346115 Hey bud, just giving you a heads up, but the reason that the 50/50 Lights don't fit on your hatchback properly is because they only made the True 50/50 Split for the Sedan/Coupe as they have a more curved outer taillight.

Hence why it does not fit properly because the outer taillights are different between the hatchbacks and the coupes/sedans. I tried finding them for so long and came to research that they didn't make the full 50/50 like the ones you have for the hatchback.

If someone else proves me wrong please do. I want a set so bad as we'll.
sorry OP if I bursted your bubble.

This is what ours look like:
By Loaf31
#346118 Well, I've got an EG8 sedan so I should be ok right?
By hmoobvwj
#346128 got those on my hatch and yep, don't fit like oem ones.

I still like it and kept mine on.
By Loaf31
#346154 well, one thing's for sure. They definitely look better than stock! :thumb:
By Loaf31
#346210 Another pic. (Thanks, gtstripes!) :thumb:

By tom023
AutoXRacer wrote:Hey bud, just giving you a heads up, but the reason that the 50/50 Lights don't fit on your hatchback properly is because they only made the True 50/50 Split for the Sedan/Coupe as they have a more curved outer taillight.

Hence why it does not fit properly because the outer taillights are different between the hatchbacks and the coupes/sedans. I tried finding them for so long and came to research that they didn't make the full 50/50 like the ones you have for the hatchback.

If someone else proves me wrong please do. I want a set so bad as we'll.
sorry OP if I bursted your bubble.

This is what ours look like:

Yeah I see what you mean. If it means getting a better fit i'm going to chuck the more stock looking red/clear tailights in that also came with the car. (The ones Civic_HatchSI has got). Those big gaps above the corners of the totally clear rear lights kill the mood [smilie=BangHead.gif] [smilie=BangHead.gif]