Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Canyon Si
#344071 For the full story check this out first, but you don't have to to answer my question.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=344030#344030

So, the friend who gave me the red HB Si has a set of bronze Volks that I can get my sticky hands on. My original idea was to paint the car the original red and paint the hood roof and tailgate black and put on a set of black Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s. I have connections with Team Dynamics, so I can get those cheap. It would then match my red/black Mini Cooper and my red/black FJ. But, the only thing that bugs me about a black tailgate is, it looks like someone picked up a black tailgate at the junk yard and put it on.

My ? Is: how do you think it would look if I painted the hood, roof and tailgate in gloss bronze to match the bronze Volks?
By jefferydclark
#344082 simple answer is don't do it. its not gonna look as cool as you might think. i'm not trying to be a douche about it but it will seriously look like trash so please, leave the car all red..if you must paint the roof, paint it black...gloss black with really shiny clear.
By teal_dx
#344086 Yeah, I agree, it would be a lot of bronze body panels. Black mimics carbon fiber, so I think black would look less like body panels from another car than bronze would.
Have you considered shopping for a carbon fiber hood & tailgate? They even make carbon fiber roof caps if you're serious about real carbon fiber, or there are vinyl wraps that look pretty legit.

My roof is satin black and hood and tailgate are carbon fiber. (Well the tailgate is back to stock, sold the cf one and I regret it now)

Here's some pics for you. To me, carbon fiber adds a depth of detail that black paint can't match.

The second pic shows what happens when the sun hits it. 8)
By Canyon Si
#344097 I don't want to go with carbon. I've seen to much carbon that looks like shit after a couple of years of sun exposure.

Teal_dx: what do you mean by, "to many panels"? It would only be the hood, roof and tailgate.

I do want to do the hood and roof. I'm thinking about leaving the tailgate red. It does kinda look a little strange with a different color.

So let me rephrase my question: How do you think the Volk bronze in high gloss would look with the red? I think it's Milano red. Do you think those two colors would look good together?
By teal_dx
#344100 I meant that if you have a bronze hood, roof and tailgate, that's about half of the car in bronze and it would remind me of what you said where someone took parts off of a bronze car and put them on a red car.

Bronze wheels on a red car look good IMO. :thumb:
You can play with different color cars on bronze wheels here: http://civic-eg.com/rimviewer/hatch_mod_volk.html
By Canyon Si
#344101 Oh, that's very cool, thanks.
By Canyon Si
#344103 I'm wondering more, how a gloss bronze hood and roof would look?