Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Canyon Si
#344014 I have a '95 HB Si that I am going to get painted soon. What are my antenna options? I don't really like the telescoping OEM antenna that comes out of the front pillar.
By teal_dx
#344028 The oem block off plate would be an easy option, if you don't care about radio reception. Just stuff it down in the pillar and put the plate over the whole.
By Canyon Si
#344029 I still want reception.
By mADmAN
#344088 block it off... and.....

internal antenna....reception sux with alpine HUs... but works very well with Pioneer

Alpine has a rep for bad radio reception anyway.
By lalo
#344098 Where do you get that at i have a del sol and it has no antenna
By Virux
#344099 You can get micro antennas on ebay/PJDM. You could always run a wire and mount it somewhere else. My dad's 2002 Impala has it on the rear glass. I've always wanted to mount one behind the b-pillar sticking up from the bottom of the rear window. Or even in the OEM location, it would look clean.
By mADmAN
lalo wrote:Where do you get that at i have a del sol and it has no antenna

is the question directed to me? if its... then im from malaysia... and its about USD15
By lalo
#344276 Yeah it was but didn't see that you're from Malaysia :P. Thanks for telling me though
By blk92hb
#344474 I blocked mine off because mine broke and I ran a new rubber one under the dash and it works perfect
By Canyon Si
blk92hb wrote:I blocked mine off because mine broke and I ran a new rubber one under the dash and it works perfect

Can you explain how you did that?
By blk92hb
Canyon Si wrote:
blk92hb wrote:I blocked mine off because mine broke and I ran a new rubber one under the dash and it works perfect

Yea. I just bought a universal antenna, pluged it into the radio and zip tied the rest under the dash on the metal brace under the steering wheel.
By Canyon Si
blk92hb wrote:
Canyon Si wrote:

Yea. I just bought a universal antenna, pluged it into the radio and zip tied the rest under the dash on the metal brace under the steering wheel.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!