Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By HeikDiesel
#343240 I have an eg6 with the standard blue vin plate on the core support. Has anyone ever had someone recondition theirs? I would like mine touched up.
By PirateEG
#343914 I suppose if you show of your car it might not be a bad idea. Never had it done.
It would also be a good idea to look into the legality of "modifying" the vin plate. There could be issues with taking off and re-riveting it back on.
I know collector cars are more valuable with original VINS.
By HeikDiesel
#343978 Well the vin plate is off. It just riveted to the core support. I was going to rivet it on and you'll never be able to tell. From the looks of it they anodize it and then engrave the numbers on them. I'm curious if I can re-anodize it and somehow keep the grooves in the plate clean as in apply some type of gel or glue, anodize it, and then remove the substance.
By PirateEG
#343996 That doesn't sound like a bad idea, there could be information about that on the web.
1. i think a silly putty type material would be sufficient.
2. make sure you do not remove any raised edges; anything to make it look altered could be an issue, but as long as that vin matches the same ones on the frame of the car you should be okay.