Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Phoenix288
#341388 Hi guys,

I am looking to repaint my car in March and I was wondering about the rubber seals on the roof.

I want to replace them when I'm done repainting the car but can you buy replacements for them ? Mine have moss growing on them so they are quite porous and humidity tends to get in easily.
By teal_dx
#341389 Do you mean the long black strips in the drip channel? If so, they're plastic and held on with clips attached to the roof. They can be removed by sliding them forward toward the windshield. You may need to remove the windshield trim to slide them forward.

By brandoff88
#341395 you sure they are plastic, mine are metal...and they are pretty easy to get off, just remove the top piece of front window trim and use a rag and something blunt to knock it forward..hope that helps
By Phoenix288
#341407 Yes, I do mean the drip channel strips. Do you know where you could get them besides honda or what part number they have ?
By egsedanguy
#341408 Have to get from a dealer. also you may be able to get some aftermarket molding material. they make tons of different styles. there usually black and all plastic/rubber. but the are double sided taped on. ill get a pic of what im talking about in a bit. :thumb:
By teal_dx
brandoff88 wrote:you sure they are plastic, mine are metal...and they are pretty easy to get off, just remove the top piece of front window trim and use a rag and something blunt to knock it forward..hope that helps

oops, You are correct, they are metal :thumb:
By Phoenix288
#341411 Thanks for the infos guys !
By Graham
#341420 Yeah theyre metal, you can sand them back and paint them - ive done this to a couple sets to freshen them up! Usually the original black either flakes off or comes off with sanding anyway
By rustyrex
#341423 Sorry to mildly thread jack. I tried to remove the drip channel pieces last year. When I removes the windshield trim I lost the passenger side and broke almost all of the clips. Does anyone know where I can get replacement windshield trim.
By egsedanguy
rustyrex wrote:Sorry to mildly thread jack. I tried to remove the drip channel pieces last year. When I removes the windshield trim I lost the passenger side and broke almost all of the clips. Does anyone know where I can get replacement windshield trim.

dealer or they make one aftermarket that goes all the way around but requires the shild to be removed.
By rustyrex
#341428 Do you have a link for the aftermarket one