Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By rak511
#337387 Finally own another eg civic since I wrecked my last one. Its a 94 civic hatch (Si model). To get to the point, as usual the rear quarter panels are pretty well rusted, not to sure about the rocker panels yet (Haven't removed the side skirts yet). But I found replacement quarter panels and rocker panels for both sides for $169.72 (http://www.rustrepair.com/PANELS/allbypart.htm). Now my question is what would be a rough estimate to have my old ones cut out and these new ones welded in. Either by a shop or by someone on the side. Id like to know what you guys think would be a reasonable price for both a reputable shop and by someone that would just do it in there garage. Thanks everyone. Im glad to be back in the eg community :p
By xzachrickx
#337400 I ordered the same panels for my car about 3-4 years ago. post some pics of how bad the rust is. i did mine with my dads help and it told about one day a side. do you have the ability to do it yourself?
By rak511
#337726 sorry for a late response on this... but passenger side isn't to bad... maybe a hole in the quarter 6 inches wide and 2 inches high... well it might be pretty bad but nothing compared to the other side... the driver side has bondo the whole way around the wheel well so its a pretty big area... I havnt gotten to taking the sideskirts off but the passenger side looks like it may just be starting to rust, but the driver side looks worse... not completely rusted out... ill try and get pics sometime this week
By TrailerTrash
#337744 yeah get some pics up man.

where in pa are you?
By rak511
#337775 Central PA... bout an hour north of harrisburg
By TrailerTrash
#337784 im about 45-an hour south of harrisburg.

i got all my repair panels from Fixmyrust and they shipped quick no hassle and were packaged very nicely not one bend or bit of damage from shipping.

depending on the extent of the rust, quarters and rockers might not do the trick. mine was pretty dam rusted out i had to replace basically the entire corner of the truck aswell as part of the inner fenderwell.

im assuming fixing it on your own is out of the question. to be honest the price of fixing the rust might just not be worth paying for unless the rest of the car is really nice or you plan to really get into it as far as a project.
By OCHO
#337800 I would say at least $1,000 total for both sides...

I own a sedan now but in 2008 I had a teal hatch, both rear quarters were rusted through, a friend helped me cut the quarters out and I bought new panels....

With the rusted metal cut out, and my new panels ready to go, a local mom and pop body shop quoted me at $500 per side or $1,000 total. That was also if everything went off without a hitch....

Sorry for the long-winded response but basically it's going to cost a bit of money and to build on what Trailertrash said you will just have to decide if it's worth fixing...to me it would be and to him it was, look how great his car looks now!

Tealdx also has a DIY on that exact repair in the DIY section so you may actually feel confident on tackling this yourself once you read it.

Good luck bro let us know what happens
By TrailerTrash
#337822 yeah read Teals DIY thread there is alot more to it than i realized when i first took the task on :thumb:
By rak511
#337871 Alright, thanks guys. My passenger side is rusted through so im pretty sure im gonna need some inner fender fixed as well as the corner of the trunk like you said. Ill probably cut out my wrecked eg's to get welded in. Driver side of the wrecked one is bent but im gonna see if it can be bent out to get that side welded in to. So i may not have to buy any panels at all. Honestly i'd say the cars worth it, looking to make it my project after my integras finished. And everything else is in perfect condition pretty much (Other than the clear coat fade). Bought it off an old man with 205,000 miles and a newer motor. It took me so long to find another si :p So ill be keeping it for some time... Thanks for the responces... Ill take it to a few shops in the area and see what there prices are
By TrailerTrash
#337903 id imagine most body shops are going to quote you for rust repair AND paint. you may be able to get a better deal getting just the rust repaired at one shop then paint at another. or maybe you know someone who can hook you up with some paint
By OCHO
#337905 No problem man! I'd say it's a good idea to use the panels from your old eg to save some money and you know they will fit pretty exactly. I also agree with Trailertrash you should definitly shop around and see what kind of deals you can get
By rak511
#337909 Ya, i just need the body work done. I know a few people that can paint and wont charge me much if i get the paint. Also today i found out theres an eg at a junkyard near me with good quarters if my driver side quarter doesnt bend out from the damage from the accident. Thanks again
By OCHO
#338051 Awesome there you go! Sounds like you have all your bases covered man, let us know how it turns out!