Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By dialup
#335820 My hood always scrapes against my windshield wipers when I open it. It doesn't matter which angle I put my wipers at either. Should I put some hood spacers in or what?

Help please!
By nd1983
dialup wrote:My hood always scrapes against my windshield wipers when I open it. It doesn't matter which angle I put my wipers at either. Should I put some hood spacers in or what?

Help please!

do you have a picture of what you mean?
By dialup
nd1983 wrote:
dialup wrote:My hood always scrapes against my windshield wipers when I open it. It doesn't matter which angle I put my wipers at either. Should I put some hood spacers in or what?

Help please!

do you have a picture of what you mean?

By TrailerTrash
#335837 very simple fix.

take the nut off the wiper arm, remove the arm, reposition it a few splines up, and reinstall the nut.
By dialup
TrailerTrash wrote:very simple fix.

take the nut off the wiper arm, remove the arm, reposition it a few splines up, and reinstall the nut.

Thanks, I have tried that and then it runs into the driver side wiper. I then tried adjusting the driver side but where it works, it moves beyond the edge of the window! Maybe I'll just remove the passenger side wiper...
By dialup
#335841 Going to home depot to get materials for spacers. Hopefully it helps.
By nd1983
#335845 its both wipers?

can you take a picture from further back so we can see how the wipers sit on the window with the hood closed... you should never need to put spacers if everything is installed properly and the hood isn't damaged
By dialup
nd1983 wrote:its both wipers?

can you take a picture from further back so we can see how the wipers sit on the window with the hood closed... you should never need to put spacers if everything is installed properly and the hood isn't damaged

I put some diy spacers in for now but the had can potentially be bent or mishaped. It has dents and is not in very good condition all together. I will be purchasing a new one hopefullt soon along with new fenders.
By TrailerTrash
#335853 they might not be the correct wiper arms.

you may be moving them too many splines or the wiper blades may be the wrong size. could be the reason they go too far
By dialup
TrailerTrash wrote:they might not be the correct wiper arms.

you may be moving them too many splines or the wiper blades may be the wrong size. could be the reason they go too far

They may be the wrong arms but I have the Haynes manual and put the size wipers they say to put on.
By nd1983
dialup wrote:

They may be the wrong arms but I have the Haynes manual and put the size wipers they say to put on.

if the arms are right, like all the rest of us, they clear our hood. so like i said the top edge of the hood is bent or the arms are the wrong ones.
By dialup
nd1983 wrote:
dialup wrote:

if the arms are right, like all the rest of us, they clear our hood. so like i said the top edge of the hood is bent or the arms are the wrong ones.

My hood isn't in great condition and there is rust and dents in it. I'm assuming it's bent. Hopefully I'll have the money soon to replace it.