Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#335521 so i just painted my hatch gloss black looks AWESOME , but anyways i tried to put the doors back on , not only did i find its a fucking pain in the ass but that its hard as FUCK to align it back.

i talked to a some random mechanic and he said he can do it for me for 20 bucks but the problem is i can even get the driver door to even BOLT UP

anyone had this same problem with some advice please!

the little thing that comes about of the door that you hammer the thing though is NOT alighned perfect causing the the door the be pushed back like 2 inches .
By TrailerTrash
#335526 it sounds like nightmare dude. how far is the mechanic away? put the door in the car and head over there jeep style 8)
By jadeydrag0117
TrailerTrash wrote:it sounds like nightmare dude. how far is the mechanic away? put the door in the car and head over there jeep style 8)

HAHA i know!! i just wanna fucking do that! i just dont wanna get stopped by cops or something, the mechanic aint to far away just like 10 blocks or something if worst comes to worst ill just do that
By TrailerTrash
#335549 it would be obious to the cop that your heading to get the door put back on. you should be fine unless the cop wants to be a real dick head. even cops around here are dicks alot of the time but they still let kids roll around with no hoods on days when there are car shows in town
By nd1983
jadeydrag0117 wrote:HAHA i know!! i just wanna fucking do that! i just dont wanna get stopped by cops or something, the mechanic aint to far away just like 10 blocks or something if worst comes to worst ill just do that

i'd say to the cop. if jeeps can do it why can't I... lol... but yea anyone that isn't being a dick would clue in
By PGB
#335569 Take the check strap out the door and also if need be, the striker plate off the pillar. It will help getting the door lined up with no obstructions. Then put them on afterwards.
Its pretty simple after that. Just take care not to scratch the door on the back edge of the fender
By HeikDiesel
#335623 I used a floor jack and a piece of wood with a rag on top to support the door. Installed the door bolts and then adjusted as needed. Helps to do it without the fenders on.
By jadeydrag0117
#335624 thanks guys but i've decided that im just going to jeep it or bring it some how to a local mechanic i aint got time for this schools comming up and i just got done painting the whole car im beat!
By brandoff88
HeikDiesel wrote: Helps to do it without the fenders on.

this, and I usually put the little pin in and then pull up or push down on the door to center it, have a buddy hold it, or jacks/stands, then tighten em down enough to keep it still and adjust from there, I had to do it twice and the second time it was a lot easier, just takes patience. good luck!