Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#335203 i have a part currently painted with rustoleum gloss bucket paint thinned down with mineral spirits and im wondering if it should be okay to spray regular rustoleum spray can paint over that?
By nd1983
jadeydrag0117 wrote:i have a part currently painted with rustoleum gloss bucket paint thinned down with mineral spirits and im wondering if it should be okay to spray regular rustoleum spray can paint over that?

scuff it up and go to town.

i did the same with the hood on my van. rustoleum gloss black with thinner, sprayed with an HVLP gun and i've touched it up with spray bottle, just scuff and paint.
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:i have a part currently painted with rustoleum gloss bucket paint thinned down with mineral spirits and im wondering if it should be okay to spray regular rustoleum spray can paint over that?

i did the same with the hood on my van. rustoleum gloss black with thinner, sprayed with an HVLP gun and i've touched it up with spray bottle, just scuff and paint.

hmm well im not using a gun, im going to use spray paint from rattle cans over the rolled-on paint.

i think it should be fine though
By nd1983
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

hmm well im not using a gun, im going to use spray paint from rattle cans over the rolled-on paint.

i used a gun for my first coat, but paint is paint.. you will be fine
By Ajax1989
nd1983 wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

this,

but don't mix lacquer with enamel
By jadeydrag0117
AjG20 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

haha DEF NOT, im using the exact same paint thw rusto white bucket paint and the rusto white can btoth protective enamel gloss (i suppose the chemicals are enarly the same.)

thanks

this,

but don't mix lacquer with enamel