Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#334744 so bought 4 du-ppont high quality primers from the autobody supply store a few weeks ago , thinking that all four were just 2k epoxy primer.

it turns out that 2 were 2k epoxy primer and two were 2k urthane acrylic filler...

so i sprayed my bare metal and bondo areas with the primer and then i sprayed another layer using the filler

...is it ok to spray filler over the primer??! :?
Last edited by jadeydrag0117 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nd1983
#334745 yes its ok, but not recommended as the filler won't smooth out like the primer will. you could end up doing a lot of sanding to get it perfectly smooth
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:yes its ok, but not recommended as the filler won't smooth out like the primer will. you could end up doing a lot of sanding to get it perfectly smooth

thanks, yeah i just read an article that it is adviced to do it.

and as for the having to sand alot its k i got nothing but time and 800 grit so idc
By nd1983
#334767 800 and a good orbital sander would make it quicker but will take still be a bunch of sanding
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:800 and a good orbital sander would make it quicker but will take still be a bunch of sanding

hmm

i rather hand sand , so i guess that means it will take extra long..

i feel that an orbital sander will mess up the prime job.

but for the most part and at the very least, the primer sprayed on pretty smooth already and i just scuffed it down with some scotch bride pads

feels pretty good