Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By panic989
#333659 Figured I would show what my friend and I accomplished. A little back story before we get to the pictures...

A little over a year ago I was parked in the driveway of my house and I always pulled as far left as I could, (2 car garage and driveway) and my mom had to leave for week and she parks in the garage. Well by a stroke of genius she decided to put her sunglasses on inside the garage before she opened it. Needless to say she backed into my car pushing a corner of the fender in, destroying the paint (it was a shit paintjob anyways, color was nice quality was terrible), and breaking my corner light in the process. shortly after this my car went down and sat so I never really cared what it looked like. Once I got her going again it really bugged me so my friend and I fixed it as best we could.

This picture was pretty bad but not the worst before we actually started on it.

This is after we fixed the side but... I couldn't take a picture of the side we fixed because of the way the sun was shining. Oh an notice the hood. That is a real carbon fiber hood. It was completely sun burnt.

Here is a night shot of the front end. Don't mind the amp can. I was at work for this one. But again notice how bad the hood is.

This is after I wet sanded it with 1000 grit. It is still wet here from trying to rinse it off (I wet sanded it in my cousins apartment complex's parking lot lol)

After I cleared it. Hadn't done anything more here just six coats of clear. There are some cracks in the hood that you can see, the two on the very front are from the hood latch, the two scrape looking ones next to the headlights I couldn't tell you where they are from, there is a small chunk taken out under that from something my cousin spit up one day. It's kind of a wreck but its what I have to work with for now.

Just a night shot after clearing it.

I'm not entirely sure what happened here but it was a pretty dope accidental picture I thought.

I don't know. I think I did a pretty decent job on it. It looks a million times better than before. everything from the front end to the hood. I actually had a guy ask me if I replaced the fender that was damaged because we got it banged out so well. Ill try to get a picture or two later. Let me know what you think.
By AGPEJ1
#334014 looks better, i love wet sanding if you do it right you can really bring paint back to life.. man this just reminds me how bad i need a carbon hood.
By panic989
#334056 Haha. Thanks man. Yeah it came out really really well. Way way better than before.