Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Mr-EG4
#333472 Having trouble deciding and amber is so mainstream it's kind of annoying, my car is silver & black.. So do I go for black? But overall which looks better!
By FG2_Andrew
#333475 i personally like smoked amber

By gtstripes
#333479 Yeah I got over the whole amber corners. I'm using my clear stock ones, looks Way better !

But yeah smoked corners would be the way to go :)
By FG2_Andrew
#333483 I believe Password Jdm has them
By rustyrex
#333485 I don't know the laws in Australia. But in America anything other than a factory or a dot approved replacement is illegal. 95% of the lights people use are illegal
By Mr-EG4
#333494 we're allowed to have them as long as they work when you're about to turn left or right.. Over here they even try to give you a defect notice if you have hid's on. On that note, anyone ever try hid's on corner lights?
By gtstripes
#333529 You won't get defected for amber lights dude lol

And hids in corner lights? What's wrong with that standard bulb, its bright enough :woot: :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
gtstripes wrote:You won't get defected for amber lights dude lol

And hids in corner lights? What's wrong with that standard bulb, its bright enough :woot: :thumb:

that. for the 5% time they are on when driving.. not worth the extra $ for ballasts.
By mADmAN
#333531 ive got black housing headlights and black housing corners on my hatch... back when i got them, amber corners were not so commonly combined with the black housing headlights..

but when they were they looked so good that i considered switching to amber/smoked amber.

honestly... im glad i decided to stick to this combo coz its not very common and it looks good to me and my friends.

By gtstripes
#333590 It's easy :) use heat gun and then pry off the glass lens, then mask off and spray :) took me about 30min due to waiting for paint to dry . Makes head lights look so much better :)
By TrailerTrash
#333594 http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-BLACK-HEAD- ... a2&vxp=mtr

i just bought these to replace the first set ive had for almost 4 years.

they are ebay but cheap and look nice to me. its all about what u want and what u like. as said above everybody does black housing/amber corners but if its what u like its what u like

:thumb:

EDIT: actually i had the regular amber corners on my car and i tinted them. but i got the ones that are already smoked for the same price and non smoked so i wont have to tint them myself.

and the only reason im getting a new set is when i got my car whoever put them on not long before hand didnt install the rubber covers to seal the lights properly and they got water in them and they have never been 100% clear since.
By Mr-EG4
#333620 @gtstripes I don't really have time to do all that cause I'm working or studying, so i just buy parts off eBay, I'm really thinking of going for the above option, they look really nice & the theme of my car is black & silver so I might just give it a twist with those smoked Amber's !! Thanks heaps guys
By mADmAN
Mr-EG4 wrote:^ clean ride man, considering doing that to my headlights aswell, did you spray the housing lights yourself or did you buy them?

both headlights and corners were bought :D