Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By rustyrex
#329472 How in the hell can I make my fuel door sit flush on my 95 hatch? Both of my civics a 00 sedan and 95 hatch the fuel door is poking out. It closes and clicks closed but for some reason the rear sits farther away from the body.
By TrailerTrash
#329502 i had this problem before. i bent the little tabby thing that catches on the release popper doohicky. mine only stuck out a small bit so this may not work for you. you might be able to bend it somehow or maybe bend the arm the door is attached to
By rustyrex
#337363 Sorry to bump a old thread guys.

I am getting ready to replace my rockers and quarters. I ordered new fuel door and hatch release cables this morning. I still can not get my fuel door aligned and I really want to do align the fuel door before I cut open the side of the car.

So far I have tried bending the tab on the door itself. I made a little hook/extension contraption for the tab. I've even drilled a different hole for the release plunger to move it in more. All with no luck.

How in the fuck can I get my fuel door flush? I don't want to do all this body work and then my fuel door sticks out.
By TrailerTrash
#337369 does the entire door stick out? or just one side(like your looking straight at it)

you may be able to file away the bolt holes and make them more like slots so you have some room to adjust
By rustyrex
#337373 The side opposite of the hinge. I will post a pic tomorrow.