Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By AutoXRacer
#327581 Hayy there,

Just a quick question I know a lot of you could probably answer, since I normally just get my grabber green from Canadian tire, I am debating on switching the colour scheme of my car again and go black with Phoenix Yellow lip kit and spoiler.

Does anybody know where I can pick this colour code up and have it put into spray cans?

Thanks for the help in advance.
By HeikDiesel
#327602 Any paint and supply company should be able to do that. My local paint supply will do milano red so I'm sure they would do it.
By AutoXRacer
#327606 Yeah I was debating on trying like lowes or even Walmart has a paint section for homes. I would imagine they could do it.

Do I just bring them that paint code and they search it up and know what to mix for the colour output?
By HeikDiesel
#327610 I doubt WalMart can go off the color code but when I needed some for my old car I just went to the auto paint supply store and told them I wanted R-81 Honda paint and they did it for like 12 bucks a can if I remember right.
By AutoXRacer
HeikDiesel wrote:I doubt WalMart can go off the color code but when I needed some for my old car I just went to the auto paint supply store and told them I wanted R-81 Honda paint and they did it for like 12 bucks a can if I remember right.

Yeah there is a supply store by my house that a friend showed me. Except when he did his whole car in rootbeer metallic by rattle can. He said for a custom paint in a can was $25 per can. That's pretty steep for probably needing 4 cans for the bay, 3 cans for the roll cage, and 3 cans for the lip kit and spoiler.

Not sure if that's worth it or just to get my buddies gun and use my compressor and get a gallon for cheaper.
By HeikDiesel
#327662 Gallon of paint isn't cheap either if you buy decent paint
By MG6
HeikDiesel wrote:Gallon of paint isn't cheap either if you buy decent paint

agree. forgot how much I spent back in the day with inky stock black. Man it was expensive. Forget gallon, a quart is expensive already.
By AutoXRacer
MG6 wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:Gallon of paint isn't cheap either if you buy decent paint

agree. forgot how much I spent back in the day with inky stock black. Man it was expensive. Forget gallon, a quart is expensive already.

Yeah true, I will shoot down to Auto Supply and see what they can do for me and see what their prices are.
By HeikDiesel
#327698 If it helps I think my paint was about $200 a gallon from PPG
By AutoXRacer
HeikDiesel wrote:If it helps I think my paint was about $200 a gallon from PPG

Damn, yeah like I could easily pain my engine bay with primer and grabber green for less than $100 since they come already made in cans, but if I want the custom Phoenix yellow it will cost me a lot more.

I have a poll going on wether I should change the colour to Phoenix yellow or keep it grabber green. You guys should do the poll. Which ever wins after 2 weeks I will go with that colour
By HeikDiesel
#327810 If it was me I'd leave it green. The guy before me did a fairly decent white paint job but it still always looked like crap. I'd say if the car was black maybe but that green is going to be hard to totally cover and keep covered
By AutoXRacer
HeikDiesel wrote:If it was me I'd leave it green. The guy before me did a fairly decent white paint job but it still always looked like crap. I'd say if the car was black maybe but that green is going to be hard to totally cover and keep covered

Haha no my car is black, only the Front and Rear Lips, Side Skirts, Spolier, and soon to be the engine bay is grabber green.
I want to only change those to Phoenix Yellow or keep the Grabber Green.
By HeikDiesel
#327835 I still think I would stick with the OEM color unless you are really serious and want to pull everything out. Mine looked good white, but it just always made my skin crawl when I could see red where rock chips were or where paint had flaked off.
By AutoXRacer
HeikDiesel wrote:I still think I would stick with the OEM color unless you are really serious and want to pull everything out. Mine looked good white, but it just always made my skin crawl when I could see red where rock chips were or where paint had flaked off.

I already have removed everything from the car because I am rebuilding it for AutoX. I have the engine and everything out because I am doing a full wire tuck and I am also cutting out my rear quarter panels and welding new ones in. Then I will be wrapping my entire car in High Gloss 3M Di-Noc vinyl and going from there. So I am just debating on staying with the green I have now or switching to yellow.
By HeikDiesel
#327896 I gotcha. Then I would do what you want then. I just know we fully redid the paint on my car and it sucked. I'm not sure I would want to do it again