Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 92civicEGsedan
#326208 What's needed to convert a sedan to a coupe front end? Or can i just put the front bumper on and it fit right? I'll probably need to replace my fenders anyways and maybe my hood if I don't do this.
By Fada Blayne
#326221 You'll need the following from either a coupe/hatch:

Hood
Bumper
Fenders
Corners

Thats it and you should be all set :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#326226 Dang more parts then I'll have money to get, sedan front end stays then :thumbdown: :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#326232 Keep the sedan front. Once you get urself a nice lip + ur fogs you wont regret it :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
Fada Blayne wrote:Keep the sedan front. Once you get urself a nice lip + ur fogs you wont regret it :thumb:

this is true.

i would actually like to try converting a coupes front end to a seden front end one day if i ever find another project coupe. i love the sedan bumpers
Last edited by TrailerTrash on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 92civicEGsedan
Fada Blayne wrote:Keep the sedan front. Once you get urself a nice lip + ur fogs you wont regret it :thumb:
lip and fogs are at the bottom of the todo list first comes body and paint then I need to work on my suspension then transmission and engine then I'll get stuff for looks
By Whittiersferio
#326256 Keep the sedan front, it looks so much better with the fogs, they are unique! coupe front is over rated, unique is better :thumb:
By brandoff88
i would actually like to try converting a coupes front end to a seden front end one day if i ever find another project coupe. i love the sedan bumpers

i acutally thought about this, but didnt want to deal with trying to convert it...seems like it would be kinda badass though, i dont think many people have done it[/quote]
By TrailerTrash
#326413 ive never seen it done... unless I have seen it and not noticed it.

maybe one day in the summer ill go to the local pick n pull, find a coupe and a sedan, and swap there front ends to see how it works
:lol:
By asianrob
#326418 get the wek sos mugen rep lip, you'll love it!
By TrailerTrash
brandoff88 wrote:if you do trailertrash make sure you document it, i wanna see it

junkyard owner permitting, its on my summer to do list :thumb:
By PGB
#330581 You'll need to create hybrid fenders or modify your hatch bar to suit sedan corner lamps. People have all different methods for doing it. If I was to do it again I'd even do it differently to what Ive done the first time.
If you do, consider an EK sidskirt conversion also because when you fit a lip to the coupe front bar the front end looks too busy for the sedan shape. I recently fitted a new front bar without a lip and it looks the business.
All that said in hindsight, I'd have ended up just as happy if I stayed with the sedan front. The overall design and the longer, standard sedan corner lamps do suit sedans better.

Hatch corner lamp comparison

Hatch guard on sedan

Rest of the pics if you want a sticky beak
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/swifta ... t=6&page=1

Too lazy to DIY lol
By 92civicEGsedan
#330608 Thanks I decided to stick with a sedan front end and I'm glad I did it looks good the original bumper was broke and I tried to imagine the bumper not broke and I didn't think it would look good but I was wrong