Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By josh93coupe
#325017 Okay, so i bought my EG 3 years ago, was new to the honda scene and didnt know much about them. Its been a work in progress to get this thing how i wanted it, and all the previous owner's mistakes and horrible decisions fixed. Now it comes time to paint it. Will be within the next month it gets started i hope. The biggest problem is, i need to decide what to do. Someone before me has shaved the side moldings. The car is flat black right now, and it hasnt bothered me per say. But as i looked at pictures on the internet of pictures of shaved moldings and a good paint job, i wasnt feeling it. There is only ONE car i found i didnt think it looked bad on.

The main concern is the spot behind the door, 1/4 panel molding. The fenders i can replace and the molding area come back, the doors are just filled with filler (odd because the rest is welded). What do you think is the best option? I am NOT getting a different shell.
By TrailerTrash
#325022 are they shaved like mouldings taken off and the holes filled in? or shaved like filled up so they are flush and smooth with the rest of the body?
By melloball
#326502 Best option would probly be to glue it on. The only reason it wouldn't work is if the back of the molding somehow wouldn't permit it. If you cut the clips off so it sits flush, you should be golden. So many manufacturers use adhesive rather than clips nowadays, strength is not a concern.
By josh93coupe
#326524 Its not the clip holes thats shaved... Its fixed though, weld penetraiton was HORRIBLE, metal came right off after the 1/4 in of bondo cracked lol..