Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#324292 i want to get a buffer, first of all are the buffers out their for all purpose, or are there buffers specifically for automotive purpose, and for construction?

can anyone suggest a buffer thats good and near $100 or more.
maybe adjustable speed, dont need many features. i know i should get a tool with higher rpm

i want quality! + i want to get one to polish gsr blades, and for future projects
Last edited by jadeydrag0117 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By onibakagaijin
#326453 one of the best things is just an attachment for a power drill because thats essentially what it is anyway. Mothers makes them along with other companies and they make wheel specific ones, body ones and the like.
By jadeydrag0117
onibakagaijin wrote:one of the best things is just an attachment for a power drill because thats essentially what it is anyway. Mothers makes them along with other companies and they make wheel specific ones, body ones and the like.

cool, yeah but i dont even have a power drill in my house lol. the only one broke like 4 years ago. + i really want a buffer cuz i plan on doing alot of projects i rather just be using a good one
By Flatland_EG
#326459 If you're willing to spend a little extra on a good drill(Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita, etc.) places like Harbor Freight have all kinds of polishing products from polishing wheels to polishing compounds. I think this might be a good route especially for polishing your blades, a good quality drill will last a long time not only in the long run but in battery life as well, a good one usually comes with an extra battery and a fast charger, plus the polishing wheels and compounds are very reasonably priced.
By jadeydrag0117
Flatland_EG wrote:If you're willing to spend a little extra on a good drill(Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita, etc.) places like Harbor Freight have all kinds of polishing products from polishing wheels to polishing compounds. I think this might be a good route especially for polishing your blades, a good quality drill will last a long time not only in the long run but in battery life as well, a good one usually comes with an extra battery and a fast charger, plus the polishing wheels and compounds are very reasonably priced.

GSR baldes i can polish by hand or something idc to much for that part

well actually i was planning on using it for and body paint also.
By melloball
#326495 Buffers are not all the same. If you intend on using it on a full car or even just a hood or fender in the future, I suggest getting an auto paint buffer.
I can't suggest a good cheap buffer, But adjustable speed is a must. Never ever go above 2000RPM on paint EVER! you will heat up the clear and be in a world of hurt. uTube some how-to's because you can completely destroy a paintjob in a second if you aren't careful.
I've personally used this one in a professional body shop, and it's not the best one there, but I've certainly gotten show quality finishes with it. Either way electric is the way to go as well. They are more quite and therefor easier to hear if a grit of sand or something gets under the pad while you're buffing.
[/url]http://www.toolplanet.com/product/Neiko-7-Electric-Buffer-Polisher-RR10671A?gclid=CIH5rK-zuLUCFcdDMgoddRIAVQ[url]