Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 92dxeg
#323691 is it possible to put hids in the eg civic h3 fog lights has any1 done this
By rustyrex
#323727 You can put a plug and play kit in and piss everyone off and have crappy output. Or you can do a proper retrofit. I am in the process of retrofitting Lexus is/es projectors into the OEM fogs. It's a pain in the butt and requires some pretty decent modifications but the fogs will be the proper color which is yellow and will be a hell of a lot brighter than anything Honda offers and actually be useful.
By 92dxeg
#323803 is it really hard to do ? you should do a diy and post pics cuz thats what i want to do is put yellow hids in them to make them almost as strong as the sun
By rustyrex
#323811 I don't think it's hard, but I have a machining degree and I'm going to school to be a electrical engineer. I'm not sure how hands on DIY you are so I can't tell ya. I will warn you, you will have to cut the Honda fogs apart. I will see if I can find the PDF from htech. This guy did a fantastic write up.
By Ajax1989
#323817 Ive done it
By Axix23
#323960 Its easy but the cover won't fit back on. The h3 hid bulb is a tad bit too long. So you will have to seal up the 2 holes behind the fog and pull the rubber grommet as close as to the rear of hid bulb as possible. You really don't need the cover b/c most hids are water-proof anyways.
By rustyrex
#323965 these pop right into the oem style fog light housing
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... ts_id=4125

but keep in mind. all it is gonna do is give you a really bright light. it is not gonna be useful as a foglight. more like a poorly aimed headlight. if all you want is the looks then this is the way to go. if you want a useable fog light a retrofit and hids are the only way to get it.