Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By fitimio
#322876 Can I replace this, I couldnt find anything on it, if not can i fix it with jb weld, or apoxy? If so which one. Ive had bad luck in the past with quick setting apoxy. Or use soldering iron? Im not sure what the part is made of, i think aluminum.

The part came from a black housing made for eg's

By chrono404
#322895 I would use JB Weld or a soldering iron. JB Weld would be easier IMO, however a soldering it would be more undoable if you want to change something.

If it was my car I would use JB Weld.
By couch_c
#322896 I think jb weld would probably be better, I don't know how hot it gets but the bulbs gets pretty hot, maybe hot enough to melt solder.
By fitimio
#322901 Thanks for the input and help guys :D
By rustyrex
#322910 Personally I would not use jb weld. It dries really stiff like it is intended, if there is enough vibration it could crack again. Soldering that joint will be a huge pain in the ass but will give you better results. You can flow the solder to level it out and gain a cleaner result. If this was my vehicle I would go to a junk yard and just purchase a headlight that isn't broken. However, if you have ever looked into doing a retrofit now is the perfect time.
By 95kuope
#322911 nevermind i found the DIY
By fitimio
rustyrex wrote:Personally I would not use jb weld. It dries really stiff like it is intended, if there is enough vibration it could crack again. Soldering that joint will be a huge pain in the ass but will give you better results. You can flow the solder to level it out and gain a cleaner result. If this was my vehicle I would go to a junk yard and just purchase a headlight that isn't broken. However, if you have ever looked into doing a retrofit now is the perfect time.

Yeah i read the retro fit hid upgrade. I just like the stock lamps better, just they way it looks. Also Im not ready to spend $110 on retrofitting headlights :/ Yeah junk yard is the best idea, just really far away. The reson why this reflector broke was because of vibrations, so you make a good point on the jb weld, but i dont know... :) happy new years
By rustyrex
#323012 I don't know how soon you need the lights fixed. But in February I will be ordering new lights and will have my OEM Stanley's up for sale.
By fitimio
rustyrex wrote:I don't know how soon you need the lights fixed. But in February I will be ordering new lights and will have my OEM Stanley's up for sale.

lol, i said f it, and jb welded it. I dont know how it will hold up, and getting the reflector out was such a pain :thumbdown: lol :)