Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By gummer
#322571 Hi, I have never posted any mod of my car because I feel they are too simple, but this time I have done something that I really like, everything started on 2007 when one of my head lights got broken with a road's rock, by then I wanted my car to looks like Fast & Furious (ricer) hahaha, so I bought some ebay's halo/projectors head lights, I thought they will illuminate better than OEM due to the projectors, but they didn't, I installed Hid's, they worked decent but after a year the light started to get greenish and never were able to get well aligned, so I started to look how to get a better output without flashing everybody, the answer: "a retrofit" (that was how I found this great forum), I got new headlights and projector, and that's the process and the results:

That is the light output with ebay's head lights:

And that is how my car used to look:

I got those parts:

-JDM Style Black housing head lights

-Morimoto Mini H1

Then I made some slightly mods to the projectors:

Upper blacked, lower stock

Stock

Blacked out

I found some rare spots on the bowl, I hope they don't affect light output on the long run

First light output light shoots (stock shields)

Shields bent for sharper and color

Head lights opened:

Reflector removed:

Projectors in:

Comparision:

Shot with lens on (it got less sharp):

Both done:

Actual light output (cellphone camera):

I'm really pleased with the final results, the light is whiter, the cut-off is sharper and colorful, and I have a longer and wider view, even when they are my first retro and have cheap HID kit.

I'll wait to upgrade to XB35 bulbs or why not to FX-R projectors.
By TrailerTrash
#322577 dam thats snazzy!
By rustyrex
#322582 Lol, I just read you post over o. Hidplanet a few hours ago. I'm waiting for my TRS mini H1 kit and some is300 projectors so I can do my headlights and fog. That's looks really good man.
By 93sihatchguy
#322583 Nice work, how much did the whole set up run?
By rustyrex
#322589 The projectors and hid kit are $270-$280 depending on if you want new sealant for the headlights. The aftermarket headlights very depending on where you go. I ended up spending $280 for the kit, $265 for the is300 projectors for my fog lights plus another $180 for a hid kit for them, $100 for some eBay jdm lights, and $52 for fog lights.
By gummer
rustyrex wrote:Lol, I just read you post over o. Hidplanet a few hours ago. I'm waiting for my TRS mini H1 kit and some is300 projectors so I can do my headlights and fog. That's looks really good man.

Thanks, and there was where I took all the info for the job.

93sihatchguy wrote:Nice work, how much did the whole set up run?

rustyrex wrote:The projectors and hid kit are $270-$280 depending on if you want new sealant for the headlights. The aftermarket headlights very depending on where you go. I ended up spending $280 for the kit, $265 for the is300 projectors for my fog lights plus another $180 for a hid kit for them, $100 for some eBay jdm lights, and $52 for fog lights.

I spend $200 only on projectors, $200 on headligts and something about $100 on a cheap HID kit long time ago
By Punksz6
#322667 Nice Work!! :thumb: