Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By bnuttall
#322270 okay idk if anyone asked this before on here , but i just was thinking what could i do so someone else with another eg couldnt unlock my car? im just wondering because even if my alarm is good i still have a worry about my car being stolen since it is so easy to unlock other eg's with my keys. thanks in advance.
By asianrob
#322284 you could if the tumbler fits. like go to the salvage and pick one off an ES300 since they have laser cut keys. or what ever.
By Ecc0
#322328 If you know your alarm is good and you have remote central locking you could buy a set of rear door handles from an eg8 and fit those you then have now key locks on you doors thus completely removing the problem.

I did this on my old black coupe and it worked a treat I would say keep your boot/trunk lock as a just incase like if your battery goes dead
By bnuttall
#322416 damn i would of never thought of that. i think thats what im going to do. thanks
By couch_c
#322421 I'm sure they'd be able to get through from the hatch if they wanted to. This would probably work better on a coupe/sedan.
By nd1983
#322464 i did this with my 91 civic sedan. put rear handles all the way around. left the trunk lock and relocated the release for the rear bench so you couldn't get into the cabin, unless you knew how...

aswell i put in a rechargeable 9v battery under the hood for a remote hood release if my battery died.
By fitimio
#323023 This doesnt apply to doors, but my buddy sent his car to walmart in to get his wheels balanced. When they finished, we saw the key in the ignition, and it was his saturn keys! :shock: They started the civic with completely different keys! Moral of the story, dont take your car to walmart lol :D