Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#320249 this isn't really body question, but prep for paint and polishing question so i hope it will fit in this forum section.

over thanks giving break i have some time on my hands so i want to paint my valve cover, thinking about "wrinkle paint black" or "white" prob white...
anyway...dont know what sand paper to use

>>>what sand paper do i use to get the oem paint off down to the metal
and what sand paper do i want to use to polish the emblem and engine spec engravings?

## also i dont know,, how long will it take to sand it by hand?
By FG2_Andrew
#320256 Not a problem bud! Make sure you post some before and afters and maybe make your own DIY for c-eg!
By Ajax1989
#320257 Hahah someone uses my boi patas diy.. Check scc.com(socalcivic.com) for a few diy that civic-eg doesnt have..
By FG2_Andrew
#320258 SoCal :thumbdown:

:lol:
By jadeydrag0117
EH2_andy wrote:Not a problem bud! Make sure you post some before and afters and maybe make your own DIY for c-eg!

thanks & yes will do
By jadeydrag0117
#320408 heres some pics ! i only got 3 coats of primer with no sanding yet because i had to stop because of me
and my bright ideas to start this job when daylight savings is happening and started at 4pm so it turned dark like 5
and i couldn't see anything + it takes 2x longer to dry lol.. :roll: ..ALSO my cars stuck on a little incline, and the two of me and
friend weren't enough to push the car inside the garage so we have to wait for my fat brother to get back form the gym to push it
back in, OVER EVERYTHING ITS STARTING TO DRIZZLE :roll: :roll: :roll:

anyways enough of this story, heres some pics..of primer..i put the whole DIY in my 'my_ride' sec, alot better pics check it out >>> http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=23043&highlight=

some of it is the 2nd coat
other pics are 3rd coat

Image :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:So far it looks great :thumb:

yeah, and i still need to sand so i hope it turns out perfect.
By jadeydrag0117
#320661 all done, with clear + color all i need now is to polish and cure! HAPPY TURKEY DAY! :thumb: